Wednesday, August 27, 2014

August 12x12 2014

My sweet husband decided to surprise me this day with a beautiful set of roses.  I had been so cranky since Disneyland I think it was a last ditch effort on his part to get me out of my bad mood.  He worked the night before so these were waiting for me when I got up and after he had gone to bed.  Night shifts stink!
 
Tyson is the milk mixer at our breakfast table.  Every morning he asks the girls if they'd like chocolate or strawberry milk and makes it for them.  It's adorable.
The kids have been doing summer piano lessons and they had a lesson this morning.  We are the worst practicers and Taylor was trying desperately to get in one more practice.
While the terrible T's were at piano, me & the girls hit Target.
I found this amazingly cheap V-tech laptop.  I am a sucker if anything that is deeply discounted, it is my Achilles heel.  It was $20 down from $40 and I was going to buy it for Hayden for Christmas.  I debated and debated, I am in the middle of a decrapification binge and refuse to buy toys the kids won't use.  After the back & forth I put it back.  My friend is doing a 5 gift limit for Christmas and I think I am going to try it. (Don't hold me to it, I said "try"!)
After picking up Tyson & Taylor we headed over to Sonic/Walmart.  Tyson earned a lego set (which he promptly lost due to attitude) and Taylor earned a monster high doll for their summer math program.
For cub scouts we made puddle jumpers and drew cartoons.  We had the boys draw a 3 step cartoon and then cover their can with their drawings.  In cub scouts you are always trying to come up with inventive ways to pass off as much as possible!  Puddle Jumpers and cartoons are not usually something you would think would go together :)
The boys were HILARIOUS!
We decided to make them race each other.  They had to give Jason a high five and go around him.  It was surprisingly hard!  We offered a candy bar to the winner.  Tyson won (and promptly lost it due to attitude).
After scouts the kids watched TV and ate snacks.
Tyson is obsessed with Netflix and is always finding the weirdest shows on it.  This one was one of those weird cartoons about birds.
It was a rough day of attitude-y kids so I rewarded myself with the last of our leftover Texas sheet cake.  Yummm!
Busy day...but wouldn't have it any other way :)

4 comments:

  1. Let your girls try the puddle jumpers, Kennedy can run circles around the boys with them. Maybe being a girl and using them gets them ready for high heels? I don't know, but it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love an unexpected kind gesture! Good job Jason. What a great husband.
    I too am a sucker for ANYTHING deeply discounted. It's a sickness. Those red Target stickers get me every time.
    Will you please come and teach scouts at our building on Wednesday nights? Jackson doesn't even want to go anymore because they never have anything planned. Last week they played hangman the entire time! I am tempted to volunteer to teach his level just so it is a good experience for him. But I really, really, really don't want to.
    We moms need rewards at the end of the day and that is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers! I think mom's should get rewards for every child attitude-y moment!

    ReplyDelete