Friday, August 1, 2014

Adventures in preschool

Our wonderful, fabulous, amazing, talented, patient, (I can't say enough about her!) preschool teacher has decided to move onto the next phase of life and has given up teaching preschool.  Tyson went to Mrs. Aubrey's school four years ago and Taylor went 2 years ago.  I had been pestering poor Mrs. Aubrey to get Hayden signed up when she told me the sad news.  So, seeing an amazing opportunity, I asked Aubrey if she would sell me her preschool supplies and I would start my own preschool!!
 We have a master bedroom downstairs and upstairs in our home so this room is perfect for the preschool.
 My kids are in actual heaven having all of Mrs. Aubrey's preschool supplies in our home.  They have the most wonderful memories from going to her school.  Tyson still uses math concepts she taught him!  She taught him that all evens have friends so they aren't alone, LOVE IT!
Hayden is so excited to start school, she goes in the preschool daily and reviews her animals, sounds, and colors. (Tyson and Taylor almost died when they saw these little pointers, I guess they got to use them at Mrs. Aubrey's but they had to take turns with the other kids.  They couldn't believe they were all theirs to use now.  Hilarious! I saw them at the dollar store the other day :)

The funny thing is I thought I would set up the room and start getting lesson plans together and people would be beating down my door to sign up.  Not so much :)  After swallowing some humble pie I have one full class of kids who were in my mommy preschool last year, and that's about it.  I had one lady referred by Aubrey come over last week and check out the preschool and take my paperwork to fill out and haven't heard from her since.  I have decided to look at it all as a positive.  Because I am only teaching the one class I have put Ryan & Hayden in a mommy & me music class, I will have time to volunteer at the kids school, and that lady's kid looked annoying anyway :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm seriously shocked you don't have more than one class! Next year after everyone hears about how fabulous it is I'm sure they will be beating down your door, and getting into fist fights to get their kids in. If I had a 2 or 4 year old I would for sure send them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonder Women

    how do you do everything you do

    ReplyDelete