Saturday, August 2, 2014

Taylor's birthday Disneyland trip

Since we have Disneyland passes this year we decided to forgo a big birthday party and instead I brought Taylor to Disneyland with her good friend Klara.
 The girls were so excited to go to Disneyland together. We made these adorable shirts and I bought the girls these fun Minnie ears.  I was shocked that they wore them all day.  We would get on a roller coaster and they would take them off and then get them right back on afterwards.
 It's hard for us to remember with our passes that other kids are not as used to going on these rides as us.  Klara HATED Indiana Jones and cried her eyes out on Haunted Mansion.  We thought she wouldn't be scared on Splash Mountain, but we were wrong.
 She was absolutely terrified so we had to change gears quickly.
 We went on the opposite side of the park to ride Small World.  No one could get scared on Small World!
 We then went up to Mickey's Toon Town.  One problem with having only one adult was each kid was not old enough to go by themselves on any ride and they will not watch your kid while you ride with the other.  The only ride they worked with us on was the mini roller coaster in toon town.  Sadly it made me crazy dizzy and I had to ride it twice.  Good thing I'm not a barfer :)
 We caught a show and then rode the tea cups.  The girls loved it!
 We did a few more small rides and dealt with a few melt downs and then decided to wait for the parade.  We were surprisingly on each others nerves by now and not happy to be waiting around for a parade but this amazing worker saw Taylor's birthday pin and came over to talk to us.  He was super sweet and gave her a fast pass to ride any ride in the park!!  We were shocked and it made our whole day!
 Because I made the girls wait and get good seats for the parade we had an amazing view of all the parade floats.  So cool!  After the parade we ran over to Thunder Mountain Railroad and it was Klara's favorite ride of the day.
 We found Donald before we left the park and Taylor HAD to get a picture with him for her Grandpa.  He and Grandma talk to the kids every week on the phone and they love when Grandpa talks in his Donald Duck voice.

Roller coaster of a day.  Awesome highs and terrible lows.  I always have visions of how these kind of things will go in my head.  Reality and my head never quite match up.  Taylor and I were so excited to not have to deal with Tyson, Ryan, and Darrell with all their issues at the park but we were surprised about a lot of other issues that came up.  Who knew the stroller would be sorely missed?  We thought it was such an inconvenience because you always have to park it and drag it around.  Each girl wore a backpack that caused endless complaints and drama.  I had a big cooler backpack which also got pretty annoying.  I will have a much bigger appreciation for Ryan and here stroller on our next trip :)  I was also not prepared for the problem that it was one girl's birthday and not the others.  Everyone and their dog talked to Taylor and wished her Happy Birthday, even other guests at the park.  It caused major drama.  Who knew Darrell's pass is a life saver?  We stood in line for Star Tours for an hour, it got ugly!  I think after our season passes are up I will be able to write an official book on what not to do based on all my mess ups :)

4 comments:

  1. Lol, love it! The girls matching is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. look like a fun day

    thanks for getting picture of my friend Donald Duck

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Nancy Walnum and I went with our older kids...Eli was 7....yep, we brought the stroller. It was a definite life saver!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't taken a stroller anywhere in years, but it is so much nicer than carrying a backpack around. I love their shirts!

    ReplyDelete