Friday, August 22, 2014

The beach

We are rapidly turning into beach bums.


 Tyson always tries to dig a trench and then is shocked when the water demolishes it.


 Sisters
 Hayden was hilarious and picked up every single piece of shell she saw on the beach.
 Jason found this awesome shell for Taylor.
 Ryan channeling Baywatch :)
 Older brothers are no fun in a water fight!  They go for the face!

 I got to get out in the waves too.  I was trying to teach the kids about the undertow without traumatizing them.  My Grandma would always scare me with horrible stories of people who were sucked out in the ocean and drowned. Lovely!
 It was a busy ocean this day!
 Ryan filled up a bucket with ocean water like 10 times it was hilarious.
 Hayden and more broken shell treasures :)
 We love to go to the beach to break up the trip. After a fun morning at the beach we go to the hotel and clean up before going to a movie.  We love this Regal Cinemas in Fullerton but they have these way overpriced games that the kids beg to play.  I always give in and Jason just grumbles about how over priced they are.  We never win and the kids end up bawling when they leave empty handed.
Which would you rather be: the parent who always says No, or the parent who has to deal with the melt downs from saying yes?  It's a lose lose! Jason says he likes to be the parent who doesn't waste his money, if they're just going to bawl anyway!

1 comment:

  1. Hayden looks so grown up in these pictures. It must be the swimsuit! And Ryan's suit is off the charts adorable.

    I did not grow up going to the beach and don't understand undertow at all.

    I'm with Jason! I hate wasting money. It's one of my anger triggers. Along with wasting time.

    ReplyDelete