Thursday, May 1, 2014

Spring Break Disneyland

We were up bright and early for our first day at Disneyland.  It opened at 8am and closed at 12am.  We got there the second it opened and were there until 10pm.  It was the day that burned everyone out :)
I found the girls these matching shirts at Savers of all places.  They love wearing matching clothes and I love it too!
 We got the kids the maps so they could find the hidden eggs at Disneyland.  Here is where Pluto was hiding.  In New Orleans Square.
 Hayden was my crazy driver for Mr. Toads wild ride.

Hayden also drove me all over over Autotopia.  She is becoming quite an excellent ride driver :)
 While Jason and the kids went on Space Mountain me and the girls did some shopping.  We love trying on hats.
 We saw this lady wearing this one all over the park. Can you imagine? There are Minnie ears in there somewhere.

 We finally caught the parade.  It was super fun but I wonder who decides the floats.  They kind of seem like random characters thrown together.
 We started with Minnie and Micky rocking out.
 Pluto was jamming.
 Goofy was pushed by Chip and Dale.  They are such helpful little chipmunks.  Here is a fun fact for you.  We were told by this guy how to tell the two apart. Chip has a brown nose and to remember that you think of chocolate chips.  My kids always say he has a chocolate chip for a nose.  Dale has the red nose.  You will never confuse the two again :)
 The genie and his ladies.
 This cracks me up, who do you think she is pointing to?
 Simba
 Captain Hook and Robin Hood were super fun.  We saw Captain Hook taking pictures with people earlier in the day.  He kept pushing any guys out of the pictures and flirting like crazy with the ladies.  Hilarious!!
 Chimney sweep dancers.
 Mary Poppins and Burt were the end of the parade.  Like I said kind of random.
 The kids love Tarzan's tree house.  I love that they are old enough to run through it together.
The kids worked super hard and found all of their character eggs hidden around the park.  You would turn in the maps and they would give you your own miniature character egg.  You had to choose out of three eggs and couldn't choose your own.  Taylor got Dale and Tyson picked Daisy Duck.  He begged Taylor to trade but she wouldn't, he was almost it tears after working on this all day and getting "a girl egg!"  I pleaded with the worker and she let him pick one more egg but said whatever he picks he has to keep.  Luckily he got Donald Duck.  Meltdown averted!
 We were told by several people we HAD, I mean HAD to see the Fantasmic show.  I love Disneyland but the only thing I would tell people they had to do at Disney was try the soup bowls.  We stayed and were quite shocked with how good it was.  They do the show in the water area by the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.
 There is fire on water, water spraying up to show movie clips, fireworks, and this huge dragon that Maleficent turns into.  Amazing!
 Mickey is everywhere, he defeats the dragon, and shoots off fireworks.  There are also like a million characters involved in the show.  It is a must see!
Fun but very long day!

3 comments:

  1. I never think the same about of chocolate chip again now it is a nose

    love the picture
    thanks for taking time post

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one long day. Truly fascinating about Chip and Dale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the matching clothes! So cute! I love Disneyland but you know I'm not going anytime soon with my punk kids who don't like it, how could you not like Disneyland?! Also, how was the lines?

    ReplyDelete