Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Mother's Day

Mother's Day started out wonderful (insert sarcasm here).  Tyson and Taylor are on this lying kick.  They will look right in my eyes and flat out lie.  It makes me crazy!
 So BEFORE we even got ready for 9am church they had to write 100 times each, "I will not lie to my mother".
 Jason was working so he surprised me with these beautiful tulips on the table when I came downstairs.
 He also had gone to a movie the night before and brought me home popcorn.  I think I could eat popcorn all day everyday and be totally happy.  Mother's day breakfast=popcorn!
 I am not a fan of my ward but they knocked this holiday out of the park this year. I actually cried out of shock!  The men, young women, and young men took over all of the callings for the day.  They had all of the ladies go to Sunday school.
 While we were in there they set up the cultural hall with this fun brunch spread.  Every kind of fruit you could imagine, Costco muffins, orange juice, and waters.  They also had a video with conference talks on motherhood and other lds messages about Moms.  After the morning I had had I could not stop the waterworks.  I even sent Thank You notes to each of the bishopric. I will now put Mother's Day on the list of things my ward does right!
 When we got home it was crazy cleaning time and dessert baking.  My sister was in town and she set up a Mother's Day dinner at my house for my mom, aunt, 2 cousins and their families.
 I took these quick pictures of the dessert when they were done. (S'more brownies and chocolate chip cookies stuffed with s'mores)  I then lost the camera and didn't get one picture of the Mother's Day dinner.
Oh well, Happy Mother's Day!!

2 comments:

  1. Tulips! So perfect. Love them.

    So nice about church! So nice to feel such love and appreciation.

    You are an amazing dessert maker. We had the missionaries over for dinner last night and I put Megan in charge of dessert (brownies). I just hate baking so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow- go jason!
    i'm right there with you on the holidays....

    ReplyDelete