Saturday, May 3, 2014

Ward Easter egg hunt

We got home Friday night and were up and at em early Saturday morning to hit our ward's Easter egg hunt.  I am not a fan of my ward but they do do 2 things right.  Easter and Halloween.  The rest of the year, not so much :)
 I wish pictures could do justice to how cool the park looked covered in eggs.
 They divide the groups into nursery, junior primary, and senior primary.  I went with junior and Jason went with nursery.  Tyson was left on his own since he is so old and in senior primary!
 Hay Hay loved gathering eggs.
 Taylor is an old pro.
 Ryan liked to stop and smell the flowers.
 She didn't quite get that freak shows in our ward were madly collecting eggs for their kids and not understanding it's suppose to be fun for everyone.  I wish I could have video taped these people.  It's melted candy in a plastic egg people!
 Tyson fought and got a few eggs.  I wish they would set an egg limit so it would be fun for everyone.  The party started at 9am and instead of letting everyone eat first they did the hunt right at 9am.  If you came at 9:10am, everything was gone.  Oh well, take Easter off the ward's list.
It was bring your favorite breakfast food to share.  So of course there were popsicles?!  Try getting my girls to eat a muffin if there are popsicles around.
We also had face painting done by the youth.  Sad to say there is no actual artistic ability in our youth.  How can you mess up eggs, Seriously?
After the ward party fiasco we came home and colored eggs.
This is not my favorite part of Easter but the kids love it so I do it :)  I told the kids if they wanted me to help them they had to cover the table in newspaper.  They were so excited that they covered every inch of the table in paper.  Such a bunch of nuts.

Hayden loved only pink eggs and got so excited when she pulled them out and they had turned pink.  She was cracking us up.

Gotta love Easter :)

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, love the face painting. Seriously, reading what your do everyday makes me tired! You are most definitely the funnest mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how do you really feel about your ward????
    Hopefully no one from your ward follows your blog! :)
    We only dyed 10 eggs so its not too much of a hassle and the Easter bunny only put candy in the eggs that I don't like...LemonHeads, Laffy Taffy, Nerds. Which was nice b/c they didn't melt either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture of Ryan hunting for eggs, and the picture of Hayden excited about her pink one.

    I am just jealous you guys had a ward egg hunt! I miss having one. I have some very fond memories of them. But I completely agree that there should be an egg finding limit! So frustrating that it isn't fair.

    ReplyDelete