Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Spring Break: The Beach

We love the beach!  We were so excited to go a whole day there.  
 This is about as close to the water as Ryan got.  We were in California for 5 days and picked the hottest day to go to the beach.  It was still cold and windy.
 The wind and the cold can't keep these kids down though.  Gotta love Hayden exploring nasty seaweed.



 I love the beach but the sand is killer.  Ryan actually took a handful and put it in her mouth.  I had to hold her down and rinse it all out.
 Tyson and Taylor love jumping the waves.  It cracks me up because I would be out there for hours when I was a kid.  So fun!
 Hayden's favorite part was running and screaming every time a wave came.
 Jason is a lot braver than me and took the kids out.  I used the baby as an excuse to sit wrapped in a towel :)


 Taylor is Daddy's girl.  They were out in those waves forever.
 Sunbathing beauty.
 Jason and the kids decided to dig a humongous hole.
 And then they decided to put Tyson in it.  They laughed and laughed when he couldn't get out.
 We never remember which beach is good so I took a picture of the one we went to.  Newport had really close parking to the water.  It just makes everything easier when you are dragging all the junk you have to bring when you have kids.  I am also making myself a note not to bring any food to the beach.  I will leave it in the car and hopefully not have sand in our sandwiches again.  So gross!
 We walked along the pier to dry off a bit before heading to the hotel for shower time.
Such a fun day with this beach bum crew :)

3 comments:

  1. That swimsuit Ryan is wearing is adorable!

    Eric would be the one out in the water too. I don't think I could make myself do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brave kids! I am terrified of the beach, thank you shark week......

    ReplyDelete