Sunday, April 27, 2014

Field trip to Red Rock

Tyson was so excited to go on his field trip to Red Rock.  I bought these hats for the kids as a kind of joke but they love them.  Jason's Dad wears a hat like this and the kids are always stealing it from him.  They were so excited when I got them their very own Grandpa DeMille hats.  Tyson was crazy prepared for the hike.  I got him this hiking fanny pack thing that holds a water bottle on each side and I loaded it with first aid materials.  I was fine with sending him on the hike until the morning he was actually going.  I started freaking out and worrying about all the what ifs...
 He was getting a little tired of my worrying and picture taking. (You have to have an updated picture when the police come and need one for the news for the missing persons report :)  So he hid behind his shark book.
 All ready to go for the hike (and to get away from my mother).
I stopped my worrying when my friend Melissa sent pictures back of all the fun he was having.  Here he is with a big horn sheep's horn.

 This was his favorite.  He said it was awesome to see the inside of a turtle shell.
He had a blast and came home in one piece.  He said he loved the bus ride and the hike wasn't hard at all.  The funniest part was everyone loved his hat :)

4 comments:

  1. I need to find a hat for Jackson just like that! He has his field trip to go river rafting this Friday and he needs one. Expect a text from me later today.

    I understand your trepidation letting him go. I really, really, wanted either me or Eric to be a chaperone for the river rafting trip but we didn't make the cut (apparently their are tons of volunteers and they hold some sort of lottery for it). I'm now just trying to remain positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And when I typed "their" I meant "there".

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I bet he loved being there all alone too. Riley does for his, it makes me so sad. As long as I know some adult there checking on him, I'm ok. They grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete