Monday, April 28, 2014

Clark County Fair

Be warned there are a million pictures in this post.  We took the kids out of school on a Friday to go up to the fair for the day.  We are so glad we did! On Saturday the traffic up to Logandale was so bad that some people waited in their cars for hours!  Just awful!!  We had no traffic at all and hardly any crowds.  
Hayden was our only kid brave enough to compete in the tractor pull.  They put weight in the back of the tractor depending on your age.  She totally smoked that kid :)
 It was crazy hot this day for some reason so we went inside as often as possible.  We went in the tent with all the different competition winners.  The girls loved this Frozen cake.
 The girls tried to find artwork that looked like them.  Here is Taylor's twin.
 And here is mini Ryan.  Hayden kept standing in front of darker portraits so I didn't think it would be very PC to take her picture with her "twin".  She is such a nut!
 They had the forest department on hand with this cool catch and release exhibit.  Mark that off for cub scouts :)

 Taylor wanted so badly to catch a fish but there is a 10 minute time limit.  Hayden had a volunteer to do her fishing.
 She was more interested in watching the fish swim.
 Here is the fish Hayden, or rather her helper caught.
 It was very hot and cooperation for pictures was at an all time low.
 Tyson & Taylor had to do their favorite rides.



 To cool off we caught the Tyzen hypnotist show.

 The kids laughed their heads off and half off the humor was over their heads.
After the show we did a tour of all the livestock.

 A couple of hams :)
 They even had baby chicks that were hatching right in front of us.  Totally crazy!
We cooled off after the animals with some delicious Anderson dairy ice cream.  If I could eat Anderson dairy Rocky Road every day I would!
 Tyson was way too old for the ponies this year.  The girls however love horses :)

 Ryan loved it but I could never get a picture of her smiling.
 Every time Hayden went around the circle she had to shout, "Yee Haw!"
 We do have a set amount of cash that we bring to these events and once it's gone we leave.  The kids were dying to do this zip line.  It was on the pricey side and we were pretty done so we let them do it.
 Taylor was the first brave soul to go.

 She loved it!
 Tyson was a little hesitant at first but then loved it.
 I thought for sure Hayden would get to the top and chicken out.
 She was nervous on the first run but ran all the way back to the top of the stairs for her second run.




 We ended our day with the pig races.  I love that they race pigs, it just cracks me up.
 This year they added hurdles. I was worried about those pigs clearing them but they jumped them with no problems.
 This is our favorite part of the fair.  The quietest ride home!
Another year at the fair.  Gotta love it!

4 comments:

  1. How did I not see you there? AND....I didn't see half of the things you guys did...Fishing?? Cakes? How did I miss these? Oliver was sacked out in the car too! I love that last picture of them all asleep! It was fun but I forgot: Sunscreen, a stroller and a pony tail holder for me. I bummed some sun screen off of a prepared mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So brave of Hayden to do the zip line! That PC comment has me giggling. I will remember it fondly all day.

    I don't understand hypnotists. It's so confusing to me. Do they really hypnotize these people? I think they have to secretly drug them. I am almost positive I would be immune to hypnotizing, but will probably never find out since I would never volunteer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of these years, we will make it. Too much fun!

    ReplyDelete