Sunday, April 27, 2014

Conference Weekend

When I grew up we had to watch all 4 sessions of conference and it was torture.  We usually are so busy Saturday that we record the sessions and watch them Sunday mornings.  This Saturday was no exception. I signed the kids up for the bird bath project at home depot.  I signed up for three spots before I found out that Hayden was too young.  We grabbed Mitchel and took him with us so he could pass off a cub scout requirement.
 When we got there Hayden was sad she couldn't participate and the lady in charge took pity on her and gave her her own kit.  She was a happy girl!
 The nailing was an adventure but the boys did great.
 I did most of Taylor's :)
 Jason did most of Hayden's :)
 Then it was on to painting.

Here is the crazy bunch in their fashionable Home Depot aprons.
And here are the finished projects!
Sunday morning I decided to have a bit of fun with our breakfast.  I got this super fun pancake pen for Christmas and this was the first time I used it.  
The kids loved seeing their names written in pancake.
Isn't that hilarious?

Ryan and her messy face could not be left out of the pictures :)
Gotta love conference!  We printed out packets for the kids to work on and I got some cross stitching done.  It is a bit less torture than when I grew up :)

3 comments:

  1. I am not strict about Saturday conference watching because it's hard for me to watch that much let alone my children.

    Did you get that pancake pen at the favorite things party? I didn't get one, but ended up buying one later because I wanted one so bad. We have yet to use it, but I like knowing it's there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pancakes

    I didn't know they had a age limit at home depot, I always took all the grandkids but had to help them also
    but Napa is a smaller town we don't have to sign up just show up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pancakes pen! That's genius!!!!!

    ReplyDelete