Wednesday, January 15, 2014

New Years Day at Disney

We got to Disney bright and early New Years Day and were hoping that everyone would be too tired to come to Disney after partying all night.  No luck!
The place was jam packed so we got Darrell another pass and made it a fabulous day.
Darrell is laughing so much he was wiping his eyes on the Tower of Terror.  Taylor is trying to like the ride because her big brother loves it so much.  Poor girl, she is glued to us when they start dropping you.
We loved not having to wait for an hour in the Toy Story mania line.  The girls jumped on the carousel to make the time go faster.


Tyson begged and begged me to go on California Screaming.  Isn't he a nut?!
He also made Jason go.  I never know where the cameras are. Do you see the guy in the second row? Hilarious!
After all the fun on the rides we got caught in a Navidad fiesta parade.

My Dad was 1/2 Mexican & 1/2 Russian so we always joke about how our kids are 1/8 Mexican.
Gotta love Mexican Micky & Minnie.
The dancers were amazing and I wish I could have captured how fast their feet moved. Awesome!

Ryan loved the parade and collected all the paper snowflakes the shot out at the end.
We tried our luck again on the Zephyr.

Before our appointment time at the Radiator Springs racers we spent some time being wilderness scouts.  Ryan loved this mountain slide and it was hard to get her off of it.
Miss Independent.
Taylor is a good big sister and taught Ryan how to go down.

We could go on the Radiator Springs Racers all day long. So fun!!
 Jason is a very mild mannered guy so this picture cracks me up. I wish I could have been there, I would have been staring in amazement :)
After our Radiator Springs fun we went to a super fancy restaurant to get special passes for the World of Color show.  This is my 3rd strike with the World of Color show and now I will never try to go to it again.  It is just not for me.  Even with the special passes I was too dang short to see anything. Ughhh!

We had AMAZING food and it came with a dessert sampler!  Aren't they adorable?!  You know you are at a fancy restaurant if they have sauces smeared on your plate.  Smeared sauces=fancy.
Ryan was a beast by this time but we soldiered on.
Jason & I were a little in shock by this time after the food bill came. Let's just say we will not be eating anywhere without prices listed next to the food again.
We jumped on our favorite Ariel ride a couple of times before heading out to wait in the viewing zone for World of Color.
Hayden passed out but woke up just in time for the show.
After the show we hit the California Soaring ride. I am not a fan of this ride so I gladly stayed outside to watch Ryan watch the bubbles.
At night the area by the Monsters Ride turns into a Mad Tea Party with a DJ and everything.  The kids were mesmerized by this DJ with glowing white rabbit ears.
Long day at Disney, but super fun.

4 comments:

  1. That picture of Ryan with the snowflakes is TOO CUTE.

    Don't you love that Disney lets you take pictures of the screens after the rides? I never know where the cameras are either, but I appreciate when I see others that do. (Except when they go crazy and completely block out others).

    I would have the same problem with World of Color. I don't mind being short, EXCEPT when I am trying to see something.

    My brother and sister in law and their kids were there on New Years too. I wonder if you met them? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting
    I enjoy see the picture and your comments
    wise I was there with you, but it the next best thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wanna know what your food bill came too.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. World of Color is my favorite! LOVE IT! Where is this expensive restaurant? We just had to buy a "sack" lunch to get our tickets...
    Looks fun!

    ReplyDelete