Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Last Day at Knotts

I am so glad our kids will pose with characters.  I remember when it was a huge problem and the screaming and losing their minds.  So nice now :)
 Me and the girls start every morning on the train.
 Ryan had ring pops this morning, she was in heaven.
 We decided to hit all the Camp Snoopy rides first since it was so packed the day before and we also went to the information area and got Darrell a pass so he wouldn't have to wait in these awful lines.  Darrell has a tendency to get a little too friendly with people and it got a little out of hand the day before.  The problem is he looks just fine and people don't understand he's disabled.  He doesn't know about personal space and was getting grabby with strangers.  You can tell him a hundred times to keep his hands to himself but he also has no short term memory so you are basically saying something he will forget in 5 minutes.  They had this great pass where you get a time to come back to the ride.  They look at the wait time for the line and shave 20 minutes off of that and sign this card telling you when to come back.  I can not tell you what a difference this made. Yes, the place was still packed but the day was amazing not to have to stand in lines!
 I have renamed this huff & puff ride the Ryan ride.  She loves it.  It's hard to get her off of it once she's gone around the track.  So funny.


 Because it was our last time there I decided I really needed to get a go on all the crazy roller coasters.  I took Darrell & Tyson on Montezuma's Revenge.  That is me & Tyson in the very back & Darrell right in front of me.  I honestly didn't know if I could walk after this one.  How did I get so old?  It was wild!
 We played a side game and they had to guess Darrell's age.  He is 48 and they guessed 33.  He won this great squid hat.
 Tyson played where they had to guess his birthday month and won this freaky skunk tail.  Gotta love this kid.
 Jason & Darrell went on the Excelerator.  This ride is crazy scary, probably one of the scariest roller coaster I have ever seen and we have never been on it at all this year.  It would run maybe twice and then break down the rest of the day.  So nuts!
 We love going up on the huge sitting ride that takes you up to the Knott's Berry Farm K.

 Darrell wasn't a fan of the squid arms in his face so Tyson became squid man the rest of the night.
 We were not up to ringing in the New Year at the park so we went back to the hotel to watch the countdown shows.  The kids got the party started with underwear on their heads. *Disclaimer* They are clean.

 Tyson decided to dance around in his undies but when I grabbed the camera he was off and running.

Wild New Years Eve!

3 comments:

  1. oh how fun! love the underwear pic- good for you in the future! ;)

    this makes me wanna go to knott berry farm!!!! my kids would not be thrilled there. seriously, one of these days i'm gonna crash your family vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the unders pics. I can never take pictures of Jackson around the house because he is always running around in his underwear. I have to make him wear clothes on my 12 X 12 days!

    ReplyDelete