Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day of School

Woohoo for the First Day of School!!!
 Tyson knows the routine and is pretty chill about the whole thing.  He's a second grader for goodness sake :) (That's what he tells me when I try to hug and love him and call him my baby)
 Taylor is a stress case (I don't know where she got it from).  She spent the entire morning stressing about EVERYTHING!
 She reported when she got home that the first day was horrible.  A boy poked her in the eye and cut in front of her in line.  This same boy did not follow the rules of going down the slide.  I also forgot to pack her a snack (because I forgot to read the 5 pages of stuff her teacher handed me at open house) so she didn't have a snack for snack time and had to sit there while everyone else ate.  Maybe her stress was warranted :)
 Hayden was so excited to ride on a real school bus and even though she can't speak very well she some how rubbed it in her brother and sister's face all morning.  She also had at least 3 full scale melt downs before going to school.  Maybe I should have thought twice about afternoon school.
 She had a good day at school and received a smiley face on her daily note.
 For breakfast the kids had the super amazing Jimmy Dean egg, cheese, & sausage croissants.  They were very excited and then all they ate was the sausage.  Sorry Jimmy Dean :(
 Since Tyson is such a big kid now I decided we should start the year off right with him making his own lunch.  I know I am such a mean Mom not to make lunch on the first day.
 He did great, what a good kid!
 Hayden went on her first school bus ride and loved it.

 Even the rain couldn't  dampen the thrill of a first bus ride.  I guess all the excitement wore our little Hay Hay out, she fell dead asleep on the bus ride home and had to be woken up to get out.  Adorable :)
Crazy first day!  Hayden's bus was very late because it broke down.  Rain and nasty weather.  I have figured out two different carpools so I only have to go to the school once a day.  I pick 7 kids up every afternoon which was very hairy today, but I know it will get better.  I can't complain when some people have to go to the school up to 5 times because of staggered start times.  Here's hoping all the bugs get worked out soon.  Yeah for school!!!

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the drop off and pick to go a bit smoother! I hate this first week of school with all the newbies!!!!
    Cute kids! I love that he made his own lunch! That is a great thing for him to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm one of those 5 timers, but it is entirely my fault (and the fault of my children who do not want to carpool) so I will abstain from complaining about it.

    Sadie didn't have a great first day either. Let's hope they can hold it together and things will only get better!

    That Hayden melts my heart.

    Good for you and Tyson! My kids still do not make their own lunches. Parenting fail?

    Thank goodness I did know about the snack! I can't imagine how much worse Sadie's already negative report would have been if I hadn't known about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sound like fun days, good thing your writing it down, kids grow up fast, then they are gone

    But I now have grandkids life is good

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't you just love school back in?! why was i so against it?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Tyson made his own lunch! I have my kids make their own lunch too, I got tired of them wasting what I put in their lunch. I hope Taylor's stress level goes down (yours too)! Ryder got into all day at the last minute so he's in the other class now. And hopefully pick-up gets better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete