Tuesday, August 13, 2013

August 12x12

Yeah for August!  Is anyone else extremely excited for the kids to be back in school?  I cannot wait!
I really wish I could have an announcer's voice to pair with this picture of our dog Nickel.  It would say, "There are many faces of depression, but none is sadder than that of a depressed dog..."  I honestly am thinking about anti depressants for her.  Jason working nights makes Nickel crazy.  Jason got home at 6:30am and was getting ready to go into his sleep cave, aka our closet.  He has a whole set up in there, mattress, fan, earplugs.  Nickel heard Jason come home, and promptly went in his sleep cave and peed on the mattress.  Dog depression is the worst!
 The kids are on a waffle/ pancake kick.  They have not had cereal in over 2 months!  I am not a breakfast fan, you would have to pay me money to eat waffles or pancakes.
 Ryan's new favorite game is chase.  She is still crazy unstable and we can only play for a little before she hurts herself.
 We had lost Tyson's new night braces/retainer the night before and come hell or high water we were going to find it.  This is probably the closest I've ever come to killing the children.  I went through EVERYTHING in our house.  The couches and living room were taken apart.
 I emptied the girls room of every toy.  This emptying actually started the night before and Taylor slept with her shoes so I wouldn't get rid of them too.  It was not pretty in our home.  The girls started playing with cardboard boxes because all of their toys were taken.
 I had just cleared Tyson's and Ryan's room, gone through all of the dresser drawers and was about to start on the linen closet when Tyson shouted he had found them.  Hayden had stuck them in a toy mail box.  I actually cried. 
 To celebrate finding the teeth we went to McDonalds for lunch.
 After a fun lunch we came home and saw Dad for one hour before he had to go back to work.  Tyson had an optometrist appointment so I  hauled everyone over there to get his first exam done.  I am at my wits end with this boy.  I had a 3 step plan to help deal with him and his refusal to read.  1.) rule out eye problems, 2.) rule out dyslexia,  3.) send to an orphanage.  Turns out my boy is farsighted and needs glasses!!  Who knew?!?  The doctor said it is very hard for him to read because his eyes are straining to focus.  He said, "Imagine it like two different film cameras that are fighting each other to get focused on one point."  He was surprised he didn't suffer from headaches because of it.
 After the eye appointment we came home and had the ever thrilling dinner of spaghetti.  I think Tyson was loving the amazingness of dinner :)
 After dinner the kids headed outside to play in the mud and water.  I really miss having actual grass but don't miss the upkeep of it.
 We did bath time after mud time and then it was on to night time zaniness.  Ryan had us rolling after she decided to wear this bucket on her head.
 But the biggest belly laughs came from the wigs and ballet tutu.  Hilarious!!
Barely survived this day, the only thing that kept me going was looking at my calendar and counting down days until school starts!!!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you found Tyson's retainer. The relief! Glasses are cool, hope he loves to read now. The pics of Ryan are too cute! Love the red wig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously thought that last picture was of a doll! So incredibly cute.

    I'm so relieved you found the retainer. I would have been a crazy person about it too.

    I would be furious about Nickel! In house peeing would send me over the edge quicker than a lost retainer.

    My kids all have eye appointments this Friday (for the first time). I am 95% positive Jackson will need glasses, which does not thrill him one single bit. I hope new glasses inspire a love a reading in Tyson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be there in nov
    we can install grass if you want

    kid are so fun

    I'm happy that I'm now a grandpa I get all the fun with out all the headache
    Keep smiling

    ReplyDelete