Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Bowling

Jason has another seven days in a row off and we thought it would be fun to do a bunch of summer activities to kind of end summer. 
 The kids have been begging to go bowling, so off we went to our favorite Texas Station.  We use to live very close to the Texas and it just has everything you could want so we go there often for all their fun.
 Bowling is such a funny activity, it starts off super fun, everyone is so excited and by then end it is like pulling teeth to get the kids to finish their games.  I had to document this display of sisterly love, it is a rare occurrence in these parts.
 Tyson is getting better and better and told us he is ready to play on a bowling league.  I love how confident he is, it just cracks me up!  Are there bumper leagues?
 Jason, our one and only lefty :)  The other day Taylor bawled and bawled because she realized she wasn't left handed like her Dad.  She has since been trying to make herself left handed.  Good luck!
 Taylor needed help for the first ball and then was an independent woman.
 Ryan loved the whole bowling process, she wanted to run on the lane, she wanted to hold the balls, but her favorite was to push the balls around on the ball holder.
 I love to bowl and think this picture is hilarious, it looks like I am doing some dance move.
I pulled out the win in the end of the first game. This game took over an hour and we still had another to go.
This is where it all went south.
 Hayden is having major fits lately and here is an example of one.  It started with screaming at the ball and trying to walk on the lane.  She would turn around and then scream at us.  We would tell her to stop screaming and that she can't walk on the lane.  Then...
 ...she would throw herself on the floor...
 ...kicking and screaming.
 She wouldn't let us help with the ball and kept dropping it everywhere.
 She started fighting with the baby and making her fuss.
 This is Tyson's face while waiting for Hayden's ball to go down the lane.  She would freak out if Jason tried to help and he let he try a couple of times which led to the slowest frames ever.
 Eventually the whining led to floor laying.
 Taylor at least threw a quiet fit but when these balls were needed she lost her mind and had to sit in a chair for the remainder of the game.
Two and a half hours later I contemplated leaving them all in the bowling basement of the Texas and making my escape.  Jason wants it noted that he won the 2nd game but I was dealing with tantrums and a broken nail so I have challenged him to a rematch.  No children allowed!!

Is school starting yet?!?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this post is exactly why I have not taken my kids bowling this summer. Your win is awesome though! I bet you can take Jason in the rematch. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You killed it! I always feel compelled to play at least 2 games (because I already paid for the shoes and want to get my money out of it), but the second game is always so trying!

    How hilarious about Taylor being so upset she isn't left handed.

    ReplyDelete