Thursday, August 15, 2013

Worst pet ever

I saw a sale for African dwarf frogs the other day and thought they would be so fun. 
 The best part was they were half price shipped to your door and came with two little frogs, their own living habitat, and enough food for a year.  Sounds great right?  Well the answer is no, not at all, not even a little bit. The stinking frogs always look dead.  They either burrow by the rock and you worry the rock has smashed them because they have not moved once all day. Or they float spread eagle on the top of the water, also looking dead because they only breathe air sporadically.  Probably one of the worst purchases I've ever made.
The other day one of the frogs did die and we were all so happy.  It was a relief to actually have him dead instead of worrying.  I could tell it was dead because it was upside down and pure white on the blue gravel.  I bought the kids a beta fish thinking the second frog will go soon and I will use the little habitat for it.  It has been 4 days and I had to buy the beta fish a new habitat because now the second frog refuses to actually die, rather then always looking dead.  Dang you African dwarf frogs! Now I know why you were so cheap!!

2 comments:

  1. Funny! I am surprised the Beta didn't try to attack it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha Ha! We will always be a reptile free house, and that includes frogs (who I assume are reptiles?).

    ReplyDelete