Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween Party

Last night we had our very first Halloween party!
 We had red punch with floating eyeballs, they really were the kids favorite things.
 I tried my hand at cake making, not the best but the kids could tell it was supposed to be a pumpkin so I guess it wasn't too awful :)
 Jason made delicious ribs and sausage links.  It is suppose to look like a skeleton but all I could find was this glitter skull.  I will be on the lookout for a clearance life like skull for next year :)
 KaySea made awesome mummies, the kids also made mummy pizzas with bagels and string cheese.
 The kids ate really well because we told them they had to finish eating to carve pumpkins. 
 Taylor really got into cleaning the pumpkins this year, which I am very grateful for!  Tyson did a good job too :)
 There were pounds and pounds of pumpkin guts everywhere.

We had such a fun time we will have to make it an annual tradition!!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I like the glitter skeleton head. And those ribs look delicious.

    Our pumpkins are still sitting on the kitchen table awaiting carving! I am not on the ball this year (which is really no different from every other year).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mummy hot dogs are my favorite.
    Cute idea to make a skeleton out of ribs and links! So cute!
    I am the designated pumpkin gut cleaner in our family...but then I get to just sit back and watch then carve. This year I was extremely disappointed with my family's lack of enthusiasm with carving! LAME-O's!!!

    ReplyDelete