Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Gilcrease Orchard

Taylor's second preschool went on a field trip to Gilcrease Orchards.  As you can see by the picture we are at the VERY end of the season!  Most of the pumpkins you see in the distance are busted, moldy, or nasty.
 Everything was dead and very picked over.  We went last year at the first of October and it was so fun.
 This time I felt a bit like scavengers trying to find anything that the girls would like.
 The girls thought it was awesome to run around and play in dirt so they didn't mind all the dead plants.
 Isn't that a monster sweet potato?
 We did find three small pumpkins that didn't have holes in them and weren't covered in bugs.
 Taylor found the smallest watermelon ever and HAD to have it.  The guy at the cash register laughed and didn't even charge us for it :)
 I saw this sign and it gave me a chuckle.  I have never thought that warts would be good eating!
After roaming through all the dead plants we went to the front and bought apple cider and donuts.  Any activity is awesome if it ends with donuts :)

2 comments:

  1. I love their Apple Cider there. I usually don't remember to go at the beginning of October so by the time I go there is NOTHING left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one and only time I have been was for preschool last year.

    That watermelon is so very cute. Did you cut it open?

    ReplyDelete