Thursday, July 26, 2012

Swim lessons

We just finished a round of swimming lessons at Silver Mesa Rec Center.
 I think Tyson could have done a level above what I put him in but I felt he didn't really have the basics down yet.  In his group they really focused on swim strokes and he really didn't know them. 
 Taylor loved her class but she is making a dejected face here because she was in the only class that didn't get popsicles.  We went out and got slurpees so she is fine now.
 Ryan was such a good sport being drug every day to sit by the pool.



 I don't have too many quality shots of the kids doing their swim lessons, thanks to this beast.  I had the lessons set up every 30 minutes and was going to end with a Mommy and Me class for Hayden but they cancelled the class for Hayden because not enough people signed up.  So because she couldn't go swim she caused trouble any way she could.  One day she actually picked up a kick board and went after another little girl who has spineabifida and has had multiple surgeries on her back.  I don't think I have ever jumped out of a chair so fast!  Oh Hayden, my little bully, I wondered why my hair was turning so gray!!

Isn't it so great seeing your kids learn things that they are going to use the rest of their lives?  Well here's hoping anyway :)  Our second set of swim lessons start next week, wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. What's up with Taylors class not getting popsicles?! Lame. Also lame that Haydens class was cancelled.

    But totally great your kids are becoming swimmers!

    ReplyDelete