Thursday, July 5, 2012

Camping

We went camping last week to Grandma Great's cabin in the Cedar City mountains.  Jason and I really wanted to get away from the heat so we thought what a fun activity camping would be for everyone.
I love to buy sweet deals for the kids and I got these coats for next winter from Khols.  The matching hats are just the cutest things!  So we busted them out for camping and the girls didn't mind they were a little too big.
We got to the cabin and immediately set up Ryan's swing.  This girl lives in her swing and we just borrowed someone else's swing for upstairs.  The lengths you will go to to get a little shut eye are amazing!
Nickel came along for the trip.  She is a crazy dog and we were surprised to realize she is going to be 8 years old in December.  She is turning into such a Nervous Nellie and stressed the whole time that we were going to leave her. 
Hayden started chewing on anything she could get her hands on. Man we hate teething, lets hope she gets her 2 year old molars soon!  I found these chairs on Lowe's.com for cheap right before we decided to go camping.  The kids feel so important to have their own designated chair and love folding it and reopening it.
There were a ton of weeds this year at the cabin but we were prepared with tons of allergy medicine!
Jason and the kids love shooting the BB gun. 
After every shot they had to run over and check where they hit.  (I sadly did not find Tyson any cool coats for next winter so he is wearing my old hoody)
Even Hayden had to get in on the gun shooting.  This year we brought Nickel's tie up so she couldn't get in the way of the shooting.
I brought a ton of activities for the kids and Tyson brought his legos so we had a bunch of fun things to do.
One night we were on the front porch and Jason spotted this huge buck and a doe.  Jason calls this the kill shot, Tyson was very glad Jason had nothing more powerful than a BB gun.  He gets so upset when anyone talks about hunting.  
Here is Ryan sporting some lovely winter wear.  She has quite an extensive wardrobe thanks to her older sisters :)  She is such a good girl and puts up with us dragging her everywhere.  We decided going camping with a newborn is a great idea.  You already are in sleep deprivation mode so the lack of sleep while camping really doesn't affect you too much.
Taylor of course needed a picture of her and Ryan.  She can't wait til Ryan gets a little older and I let her walk around and hold her.  Taylor is such a good big sister and is always ready to help her little sisters out.
Thank you so much to Grandma Great for letting us use her fun cabin!!

5 comments:

  1. I am happy for you that this trip went to well. When you told me about it I was a bit worried! But good point about infants and sleep deprivation.

    Although I don't camp, I am determined that we will take the kids sometime this summer. I am planning on staying in a tent, but only going for a 24 hour period. Maybe only 18 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute pics! i wanna go camping- but not with my children. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so awesome! I hate to camp but I think I'm going to have to go before Kendyl goes to girls camp in 2 years.

    ReplyDelete