Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pioneer Day

Oh, Pioneer Days. 
 Why can't we celebrate this in April or September?  Every year we die at the ball field in 100+ temperatures, and this year was no exception.
 These pictures are from the Friday night dinner.  We always have fun trying to figure out how to get all the food from the serving area to our table.  We always arrive at things early because it is no fun pushing a wheelchair through crowds and we must have a table or things get pretty ugly :)
 This year I didn't even try to stop the kids from getting filthy in the sand I just asked them to wait until their food was done.  One small victory for Mom and happy kids too.
 This year I dressed the kids in their swim clothes and told them to go hog wild on the wet toys.  We did get a few weird stares from people but I didn't care :)

 Tyson honestly thinks he is the greatest swimmer so when he begged to go on the dunk tank I let him.  He took the whole thing very seriously, as you can tell by his face.
 This guy threw one ball and knocked him down.
 He said it was fun but when I asked if he would like to go again he said, "NO".
Tyson loved this slide and would have gone down all day if he could.  Taylor got to the front of this slide's line and chickened out over and over again.  After four times I pulled her out of line and let Tyson use her turns.  We had a fun time as always but I'm just saying we would have a super time if we also weren't sweating to death.  Seriously I don't think the pioneers would be offended if we celebrated them in a month other than July :)

4 comments:

  1. i wanna put my kids in the dunk tank!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and then be the one who gets to throw the balls! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know its so stinking hot but I love it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't see why we couldn't move it to another date. I am sure the pioneers would not mind.

    I am impressed you go to the dinner on Friday. I don't even have to worry about wheelchairs and I still can't find it in me to go.

    I wish we would have seen you guys there!

    ReplyDelete