Wednesday, August 26, 2009

computer nightmare

So...I crashed the computer. I have lost tons of stuff and my husband has been working for days to try to get it all back. Here's some backstory: it was Monday morning I was furiously doing genealogy work on ancestry.com trying to get all of these people's names onto my PAF program. I clicked on 1 person and all of a sudden I find that someone has traced their genealogy to 1515. I don't even know how I found this first person he was someone who married into the Russian family but I could trace them back to England and it was all pretty exciting, but at the same time a lot of work. Darrell had a meeting I had to be at and I knew if I closed out of the site I would never find this line again so I just had Ancestry.com running and my PAF program on and left. When I got home the computer wouldn't let me do anything. I had to shut it down, and when I turned it back on everything was crazy. Our finance program is a mess, itunes has deleted everything in it, and a ton of other problems. Jason ran a recovery program but only a few things have come back. This is my first big problem with the computer, usually Jason messes everything up and I scream at him for days. It is sad to now be the one who messed everything up. On a bright note, it didn't delete my PAF program and I went to the temple yesterday to print out more cards. I now have 120 baptisms to do on Saturday when our ward goes! That's on top of the 105 the young men and young women did for me already this month. August is our blockbuster baptism month (that's what I'm calling it anyway). I guess September will be our fabulous initiatory month :)

6 comments:

  1. I can help ya at the temple in September if we go in the evenings!!! Goold luck with the computer- (get a MAC) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I really want to learn to do that genealogy on the computer stuff! Oh guess what? I need to call you because we got our court date to finalize our adoption, meaning we also got our sealing and blessing date! I will call you today I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man - computer problems really suck. I really do hate computers. They are a real inconvenience to me (since I don't quite understand technology). I hope that you can work your magic to get everything back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW-impressive Genealogy work you have done. I have NEVER figured it all out! Now that I see it can crash the computer I don't think I will. JK! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is mighty impressive genealogy work! If only I had the passion for it! Computer problems are the worst. I have no idea how to fix anything.

    ReplyDelete