Thursday, August 20, 2009

Nickel the dog

This dog drives me crazy!
She follows me from room to room, she steals the kids food if they set it down, she chews up anything left outside, and the newest thing bothering me about this dog: she is in almost every photo I take. For some reason she thinks if I am taking pictures of the kids she must be involved. She has somehow wormed her way into 6 of the 7 pictures on this very post!Whenever I complain about this stinkin' dog, people say oh, just get rid of her. The problem is the kids would miss her tons. Nickel is Taylor's favorite toy. If Nickel is laying down Taylor will find her and then proceed to sit right on top of her. Does Nickel mind? No, she's finally getting some attention!
Here is Taylor with her two favorite loves. My cell phone and Nickel.
She is actually pulling Nickel's lips apart and poking her in the teeth. The dog is unmoved.
Here Taylor is pulling at Nickel's feet and nails, still the dog takes the abuse.
I'm glad Jason will play dinosaur with the kids, they love it. Our new favorite thing to play is chase Taylor. She runs so fast and laughs her head off, it's hilarious. Here is Tyson riding the "dinosaur" catching Taylor.
Dinosaur always leads to dog pile. And of course Nickel must be involved as well. Side note, we don't make Mark sit like that in the living room, he was waiting for his brother in law to pick him up for dinner and he will not be moved from looking at the front door until they come.
We were at Walmart yesterday and they had Batman costumes for $9. I was trying to be sneaky and save it for a special occasion but Tyson found it in the cart and held it in his hands through our entire shopping trip. He wore it the rest of the afternoon. I told him we needed to take a picture to send it to Grandma and he was so happy, he is posing here with his "happy face smile".
Dang that dog! Get out of the freakin' picture!

6 comments:

  1. We are currently pet-free and I couldn't be happier! Although my kids did love, love our dog and I was very happy to have him when they were small. But not I am very happy not to have to pick up dog poop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, there is no way you are getting rid of Nickel! The people have a dog upstairs and she drives me crazy. I am always tripping over her and she follows me everywhere. Jesse said she follows me because I am always eating. There are advantages to a dog, I always have a clean floor (she will eat anything!) and the kids are entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya animals are the best things to have around! Especially when they are sweet and put up with kids tugging on them all day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By "people" you mean me right?! I am an animal person- but I REFUSE to clean up after them AND children AND husband!!! ;) But, you are right about keeping her-your kids will have great memories....mine will when they get their own pet (as adults) so THEY can pick up after them.....maybe then- my children will appreciate it! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I 2nd what Brooke says about the clean floor. I love having Tawny eat what the kids drop. And although sometimes it is a pain in the butt to deal with a dog-I think it is good for the kids! Nickle seems like a very gentle, mild, carefree dog! Definitely a keeper with small kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kellie - I didn't have your email but I wanted to see if you want to come to my glitter toes party on Friday at 6:30pm? It's $20 and it lasts for about 6-8weeks. THere's nothing to buy 'cause I'm not sellin nothin. It's just a fun treat for you. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete