Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thrift store treasures

I know I'm a big dork, but I found these She-ra Princess of Power dolls at the thrift store and HAD to buy them. They make me smile and remember how crazy I was about She-ra. She was SO cool (back in the day of course). My brother had all the He-man dolls and we would play for hours. Good times, good times...Growing up I always resented that we had to shop at thrift stores but now I love them. I can tell Tyson he can have ANY toy he wants and actually mean it. What's the worst he could do $5? I know a lot of people would never dream of buying things from a thrift store (one is my snotty husband, I love him and he knows he's a snot), but soap and water sure do wonders on anything I bring home. This is a huge puzzle that Tyson and I put together this afternoon. The cost, you ask? A whopping $1, and it has all it's pieces and I can start Tyson on his lifelong love of puzzles. (I personally LOVE puzzles :)
I also love to buy VHS movies from the thrift store. I can shell out $2 to see if Tyson really likes a movie before I pay the full price for a DVD. And VHS' are more hardy than DVDs. Tyson is in a "I can do everything myself" stage and wants to put all the DVDs in the machine and holder. The Tale of Desperaux may never be the same.

I bought Snow White at the thrift store and put it on for Tyson before going upstairs to put Taylor down. I was up there for a good 20 minutes. When I came back down I found Tyson under the foose ball table scared to death of the Wicked Queen. He even followed me in the bathroom and wouldn't let me out of his sight. I had to sit by him on the couch and watch the rest of the movie until the Wicked Queen was gone.
Lastly, I finally got a new purse. My last purse (another thrift store treasure) has been beat to heck. I don't know if you can see but it actually has a prada label on it. Now I will look super fancy and only people who read my blog will ever know I only paid $1.99 for it.
Yeah for thrift stores!

7 comments:

  1. Good finds...the Prada bag...impressive! I just can't stand the smell of those stores! My friends husband is a manager at DI and I asked her is she makes him shower before coming home..I would!
    I did get 2 maternity things at DI-one is a denim skirt I wear ever other week to church!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't thrift stores the greatest! I think it's awesome. It's always amazing the deals we can find there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even know they made She-Ra dolls!!! I would have so been all over that when we were kids- I did have a Jem Doll- remember those?! You are too funny with your finds! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I used to love She-Ra and He-Man and of course Skeletor! When I was little we had a D.I. in town and everytime we had to go in there I was soooo embarrassed. It was also really embarrassing to shop at KMart. I have no idea what I was thinking. Now I live for my weekly D.I. trips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tyson hiding under the fooseball table is hilarious! He cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job Kellie! We had all the He-Man in our house. Jason better not give you any problems about thrift store shopping. When he was little we shopped thrift stores and consignment stores all the time. Tyson is so funny! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow White scares me too! Thrift stores have to be the best invention ever. I know you are loyal to savers but you can get all VHS at DI for a dollar

    ReplyDelete