Monday, June 29, 2009

crazy about couponing

Have you ever had one of those days where you are going to get done what you need to get done no matter what? Well today was that day. The kids are wild, I'm tired, it's a Monday, but my coupons are expiring today and come hell or high water, I am going to save money!! This may get a little boring but stay with me. We started the day returning two cases of baby food to Babies R Us. We bought them when the store had it's grand opening sale: buy 2 get one free. Well we used one case but Taylor won't eat them anymore. I returned the two cases and got full price for them so it was like we got a case for free. We walked over to Target and bought all you see below for $1.00. The clerks even tried to fight me, it was wonderful. It is funny how if you put up a little fight they will eventually cave. Then I transferred a prescription to CVS so I can get a $25 gift card. I'm getting a little crazy with the couponing and saving money. Glidden is giving away free quarts of paint on their website. I'm getting 5, I am sending them to everyone who will let me use their addresses. I know I'm sick but I love free things!! My house is so clean we don't even know what to do with ourselves. We bought an amazing carpet cleaner at Costco and have done the entire downstairs and have plans to do the upstairs next. Jason and the kids were wrestling on the super clean carpet and cleared out space.



The bridal shower went off without a hitch. Thank you SO MUCH Kara for all of you're help. I would be in a corner babbling and losing my mind without you! You're the BEST!!!


5 comments:

  1. I love a good couponing day, but have not had one in quite some time. Your carpets look great! I was just looking at the carpet in my kids room and wanted to pull my hair out. Instead of baldness, I maybe should consider getting the carpet cleaner out of the garage and doing the work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your carpet looks great! It is always good to save money. Great job Kellie! Have a great week! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a couple of rooms that could use some cleaning...let me know when you are available!! JK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kellie,
    I just came across your post and I am real curious how you bought all that food for $1.?????? I think thats the coolest thing and I would love to learn your secret. Can you email me the trick?
    Thanks,
    Aaron
    ajfried8[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man you rock with those couplns. I have tried doing them, but by the time I remember them, I am already at the store! Your carpets look so nice. I love the color.

    ReplyDelete