Tuesday, May 12, 2009

One lucky Mommy

Even though Nickel drives us crazy and has cost us tons of money with all the things she chews up (ie. digital camera, ipod, countless toys) She is part of the family and the kids LOVE her.
Tyson RUNS!!!!
He's like that frog on the WB who only sings for the one guy and the guy rents out a hall to have the frog preform in front of everyone and then the frog does nothing. Then the guy goes crazy at the end. The frog is Tyson and the crazy is me. I can't tell you how many people asked me if he even KNEW how to run?!!! What, I'm some crazy that can't teach my kid to run?

I know these are pictures, but he's really running!
Tyson trying to get in on the dog pile, only problem: it was already over.
Look at that hit!
So he ran during warm up and then during the game, the same old business. No running. I tell you people, I am in the dug out promising this kid the moon if he will run, I am threatening his life, I am doing ANYTHING to get this kid to run! 2 innings, the same old nothing. The fellow parents looking at me sympathetically while I scream for this kid to run to each and every base. The other team trying to help my kid walk a little faster to each base and shaking there heads thinking why can't this woman teach her kid to run. (I know that's what they're thinking, I KNOW it!) So the third and final inning comes around. I get my voice warmed up for another round of RUN TYSON RUN. (Side note: His middle name is Forrest and sometimes I do want to yell Run Forrest Run :)
All of a sudden he's figured it out!!!!
He hits the ball and takes off to first like some crazy running machine! His arms are pumping so fast everyone is laughing their butts off. I am screaming at the top of my lungs! The coach's wife has to tell me to calm down! I am beside myself! Finally, FINALLY! He ran every base. Here he is running home:
The coaches have decided he's the fastest on the team! My boy will send me to the loony bin one of these days. Me and the guy with the frog can share a room. I feel his pain.
Here we are at Special Olympics. Mark and Darrell are bringing up the rear. We have the track tournament next week. Mark and Darrell always do well at the tournaments. The athletes are divided into divisions by age. Mark and Darrell are always the oldest so they are in a division by themselves. So it's not hard to get the gold when you are competing against one or two other people. Mark is so old he competes alone. Can we say a shoe in for the gold medal? Yeah!
Taylor thinks she's such big girl now. She is always on the stairs. Trying to keep the gate up is a problem, it is not only Taylor proof it is Darrell proof. So if Darrell wants to go up he just stands there because going over it is beyond him. So any time the gate is off, she runs to those stairs.

Her second favorite thing is the bath.

But she thinks she needs to stand in the tub and mess with the water controls and the water coming out.
Peanut butter and bananas.
Tyson asks for this regularly. I love it myself and think it's great that he loves it too.
So we went to t-ball practise and the running the one day wasn't a fluke! He ran all the bases and made my day.


Mother's Day was pretty rotten this year, but looking at my little cuties reminds me that I'm pretty lucky to be their Mommy even if my one day of recognition bit the weenie.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kellie! Can I like your blog to mine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love your blog! Sorry your mother's day wasn't the best, but you are a wonderful mom!!! Love to read about Tyson and tball, he is so funny! And Taylor, what can I say, she is the cutiest little girl! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete