Friday, May 15, 2009

the boys are GONE!

I don't know when I became such a Nervous Nellie. I made the guys take pictures before they left for the Father and sons just in case one of them get lost and I need to show a recent picture to the search parties that are going to rescue them off of the mountain. Am I crazy?!? There was a little boy in the news last week that was alone in the woods for two days because he wandered away from his family. I mean things happen every day. Jason, goodness love him, just smiles and shakes his head. He'll be singing a different tune when one of those two wander off and they come to me for the pictures. He is outnumbered and I know how those two can get. Mug shot #1
Mug shot #2
Maybe I should have really made them mug shots and got their profiles too.
Dang, I should have had them take their hats off. Dang.
So, not only am I a Nervous Nellie I am now also a Thrifty Jane. I keep reading all these blogs of everyone saving all this money so I went to tons of coupon sites and started learning all the tricks. Now remember I have no official training in the coupon game. I am pretty proud with the results. Everything you see below cost (wait for it....)
.51 cents!!!
No formal training folks! So if anyone is throwing a coupon party any time soon I would love to go. I'm hooked. I bought all of this at Target and even printed out Target's coupon policy. I was ready for a fight and all I got was a little skirmish. They tried to fight me on the Crystal Light to go drink mixes(they didn't take that great of a picture but they are the things above the candy bars), but I soon won that round with my no nonsenseness. (yes that is a new word)

We went swimming for the first time this year. It was awesome! Our friends the Summers set it up. Here are Tyson and Brandon "fighting".Tyson "swimming".
Taylor did really well in the water. I am so happy she was good. I need kids who will go in the water. We live in the stinkin' desert for goodness sake. Tomorrow it will be 99 degrees. It's May 16th, what the heck?
Taylor's hair is crazy because I put sunblock on her head. I never thought I would have two little blondies!

Don't you just love the bathing suit? I bought it months ago, when Target put their swim clothes out in February. Good ole Target.

4 comments:

  1. Ahh I want to call you right now! The coupon thing is awesome huh? But I tried the target Hershey bliss thing and the lady would not do it she treated me like an idiot and said "I can't give you money back" and "If I did this it would be free" Uh yaa thats the point, anyway apparently they are suppose to adjust the coupons down and I just thought they should know that! Next time I will be ready and I will call cooperate if I have to! You should try a frugal friend from my blog, it's my fav, click on extra income at the top and learn about swag bucks and youdata both cool ways to earn a little money by doing pretty much nothing! Oh and I laughed out loud with the mug shots, I needed that so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally on board with the couponing now, I bought Michael's favorite waffles for 29 cents a box at Target and got my Ritz for free! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also starting to get into the couponing thing but apparently I need more training since I haven't really used my skills yet :-) $.51 for everything is awesome! I'll have to check out Target. Oh, I think it's super cute that you took mug shots. I was just so excited to have a night to myself that I pretty much ushered them out the door tonight, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steve bought glow stick necklaces to put on Eli so he can keep track of him tonight.
    I am loving the couponing too...last night I bought grocery's at Smith that came to $109 but after my coupons I paid $74. I was proud of that!

    ReplyDelete