Tuesday, May 19, 2009

100 Things about Me

I saw the 100 things about me list and loved it. I used to be into journaling but haven't written in years and what a good way to write a few (100 exactly) things about yourself that you can look back on and see how you've changed! I'm turning 30 on May 22nd and so this is a perfect time for my 100 things about me.
1.) This is how I write numbers.
2.) I hate having an overstuffed fridge. I have to be able to see all the food I have or it makes me crazy.
3.) I like the idea of having company at my house but not the practise.
4.) I love all crafts, anything creative I'm there but can't draw worth beans.
5.) I am teaching myself the piano and I am my worst student.
6.) I love my son but I am so happy to have a girl. I'm not even a girly person but I just LOVE the dresses, bows and frills!
7.) I worry constantly and think I am turning into a hypochondriac. The other night I couldn't sleep because I needed a plan if the doctor tells me I have cancer.
8.) I am not a morning person by choice. (Just ask poor Mark and Darrell) I am a morning person by necessity.
9.) I can only be sympathetic for two days when people are sick. Those two days I am the best; getting people soup, rubbing their back and feet, the best care giver you can imagine. That third day rolls around, I'm done.
10.) I HATE hugs. I hug my husband and children willingly everyone else, sorry, I hate it.
11.) I LOVE spare change. I collect it and roll it. Tyson calls it my game. Right now I have $145 dollars in misc. change. I will pick ANY penny off the ground. It makes me happy. Ridiculously happy.
12.) I have developed an allergy to all of my earrings. It breaks my heart. I just cannot buy a "real" pair yet. I know one day I will. Maybe with my spare change fund.
13.) I am a pack rat. My grandpa lived through the depression and taught me everything he knew. He had a drawer labeled "pieces of string that are too small for anything". I'm almost that bad.
14.) I miss my Grandpa.
15.) One reason I love Jason is that when we were dating he told me I don't have to throw any of my "treasures" away.
16.) I'm obsessed with teeth. OBSESSED!
17.) I can't type. I use two fingers, but I'm pretty fast with those two fingers.
18.) I'm a swearer. Jason thought I would be better after kids. It's only gotten worse.
19.) I've only been to 4 states and never out of the country.
20.) I'm worried if I leave the country I may never get back in. You've seen the movie "The Net". These things happen.
21.) I don't like breakfast foods.
22.) Weight Watchers is killing me.
23.) IKEA is my favorite store.
24.) I'm a sleep talker, used to be sleep walker too but now just sleep talking is all.
25.) I love spider solitaire. The most difficult level of course.
26.) I was never allowed caffeine drinks and still will not drink Coke, Pepsi or Dr. Pepper. Mountain Dew is another story.
27.) I think my kids are hilarious.
28.) I didn't know Washington D.C. and Washington State were two different places until my junior year in high school.
29.) I was kicked out of ballet at three.
30.) I hate being short.
31.) I love racquetball, volleyball, and softball.
32.) I love the 49ers.
33.) I've had my car since 1998. "Brittany".
34.) I went to 3 semesters of college at BYU and hated every minute of it.
35.) I subscribe to the philosophy that "Mormons are like manure. You spread them around and they do well, pile them up and they just stink."
36.) I can't take any sort of weather.
37.) I love the summer.
38.) I'm sad I can't wear my booty shorts anymore.
39.) I went to 3 high schools in 3 different states.
40.) I started working at 14.
41.) I was a phlebotomist in a plasma center.
42.) I have worked with disabled adults for 12 years.
43.) I love to sing.
44.) I hate to wear seat belts, and frequently don't.
45.) I have no problems taking pills but can't take the taste of pills. So I get a mouthful of water and then put a pill in my mouth and then swallow it.
46.) I have poly-cystic ovary syndrome.
47.) I sliced my right thumb open when I was 18 and needed 6 stitches. It makes a great fingerprint but has brought my life of crime to an end.
48.) I love yoga, but have freakishly short arms and can't do half of the moves.
49.) I can't watch romantic comedies or dramas anymore. I cry at the drop of a hat.
50.) I love freecycle and check the site daily for free things.
51.) I love thrift stores.
52.) I played the trumpet and alto saxophone in school.
53.) I refuse to throw up. I would rather be nauseous all day rather than throw up.
54.) I have written several people off to the devil.
55.) I like to have long hair, but only put it down on Sundays.
56.) My Dad was half Russian and half Mexican. He was a convert and it is my job to do all of the genealogy. It's overwhelming.
57.) I never liked my maiden name until I had to give it up. Susoev
58.) I was in marching band and loved band camp.
59.) I was in a bowling league for three years while growing up.
60.) I love the beach but am afraid of the undertow.
61.) I hate the smell of sunscreen.
62.) I don't like to eat any pies or soups. I'll eat cheesecake(it's a cake), and I'll eat clam chowder(it's a chowder). That's it.
63.) I like the color purple.
64.) I force myself to use my left hand for everything because I am preparing myself if I ever lost my right arm.
65.) I love chocolate anything.
66.) I didn't get glasses until I was 18. I wear contacts because I don't like to squint but I could live without them.
67.) I drive fast.
68.) I can't wait to get my minivan.
69.) I love Strawberry Shortcake. The dessert and the character.
70.) I don't like Thanksgiving.
71.) I love to talk on the phone.
72.) I don't make good first impressions.
73.) I'm a snap judger.
74.) I love to read the TV guide and will quote things out of it about TV shows to everyone I know.
75.) I love Mexican food.
76.) I love Tyson's dimples.
77.) I love my husband's giggle. He doesn't laugh, just giggles.
78.) I have bad hips, knees, and ankles.
79.) I loved serving in nursery.
80.) I love MTV and VH1.
81.) One of my favorite bands of all time is Bowling for Soup. They crack me up.
82.) If I drive alone, I blare the tunes so I can sing along at the top of my lungs.
83.) Cooking is a chore.
84.) The ongoing drama of my life is that I can never find anything with my name spelled right on it. It has driven me crazy for years. Then I special order something with Kellie with an "ie" and that makes me mad too.
85.) I love the "war" chapters of the Book of Mormon.
86.) I can't stand having my feet covered when I sleep.
87.) I refuse to try clothing on in a store. I swear they do something to their mirrors that makes you look 10 times worse than you actually are. I get so depressed in those dressing rooms mirrors. I refuse to do it any more.
88.) When my Mom moved us to Arizona I thought it would be funny to make up stories because no one knew us. I told the kids at school I wasn't allowed to say the pledge of allegiance because my Dad was a Russian communist.
89.) I worked at a movie theater my senior year of high school and am obsessed with pop corn. I would eat it everyday if I could.
90.) Top 10 favorite bands right now: (in no particular order) Foo Fighters, Blink 182, Bowling for Soup, All American Rejects, Linkin Park, Finch, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Fountains of Wayne, Good Charlotte, Weezer.
91.) I believed in the Boogey Man for years.
92.) Someone told me when I was kid that there are insect eggs in you nails and if you bite them then the eggs will get in your stomach and bugs will grow in there. I have never bitten my nails. 93.) I loved having a pen pal growing up. Thanks, Misty!!
94.) I only wear makeup on Sunday.
95.) I have always hated my freckles.
96.) The Chinese are my people. Because we're all short.
97.) I'm a perfectionist and it's exhausting.
98.) I hum songs when I eat.
99.) I watch too much TV. The current shows we follow are: Scrubs, The Office, My Name is Earl, Chuck, Heroes, Castle, Biggest Loser, Survivor, Amazing Race, CSI(Vegas only), Grey's Anatomy, The Practise, Reaper and Ugly Betty.
100.) I am not happy about being 30. I never wanted to be 30. Growing up I thought 30 would be way different. I also thought it was one step away from being majorly old. I'm coming to terms with my ancientness.

8 comments:

  1. You are seriously hilarious! I loved reading this list :-) BTW, I am with you on the overcrowded fridge. Hate it! Oh, and I just happen to know a jewelry person who could hook you up with earrings that you shouldn't have problems with :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your list. It made me laugh out loud! We have ALOT in common. You going to have to show me the freecycle thing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have too much to comment so I'll probably call you later (while looking at your list) so I will remember everything! 100 is a lot! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are hilarious! The fact that you couldn't fall asleep because of worrying about your reaction to having cancer and using your left arm in case you lose your right is too funny! There were so many more that made me laugh! You are a funny funny girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was so funny! I was definitely laughing out loud (I refuse to say LOL, so I have to spell the entire thing out). I loved the entire list. However you must start wearing your seat belt or you could lose your right arm in a car crash, not to cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so fun to get to know you better, I like to think our neurosis make us unique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kellie! Reading this list took me back to the good old days of the horrible green house and the not-so-horrible brick house. It made me remember why I think you're one of the funniest people I know. I love keeping tabs on your family through your blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok seriously... we need to get together... LOL I enjoyed your list.

    ReplyDelete