Monday, April 6, 2009

T-ball

T-ball has officially started!! Yeah!!! I have honestly been waiting for this for 3 years. When Tyson was probably 4 months old we were walking at the park and saw a little team of t-ballers practising and I started planning for Tyson's t-ball career. I bought him a T when he could walk, he has 5 bats and at least 4 mitts. I can't even count how many balls we have. But now we are official. We have the official helmet, bat, mitt, cleats, and t-ball balls (we even have to get a little cup, isn't that funny?)! Jason decided to practise a little before practise. Of course Tyson threw his normal fit. "I can't do this", was the reply to everything. He kept swinging and knocking the T over. So Daddy was trying to help.



Then we put a softball on there, and he finally got it and was swinging like crazy! I guess he liked that the ball was so big and he could focus on it rather than the small balls. He went through every ball we own: softballs, baseballs, and t-balls.


So we are super excited for practise. He's in a good mood, he did super great in the backyard, finally got the hang of hitting and what happens at practise?
NOTHING!
The boy won't hit, he won't run, he won't even make eye contact with anyone! He finally meandered out in the field and would only stand by this dude. The ball would come.
NOTHING!
They ran the bases,
NOTHING!
Then the coach lined them up told them to sit down and threw the balls across the field and yelled GO!

It took a couple of times but Tyson got the hang of it and was running trying to get the balls just like the other kids. I can hardly contain myself! My 3 year old dream is finally coming true!
My little guy is a T-baller!
The coach would gather the kids together every now and then to go over the rules:
1.) Always listen to the Coach.
2.) Don't fight over the bases.
3.) Don't fight over the balls.
4.) HAVE FUN!

Tyson FINALLY batted and did really well. The coach had them place each foot on the matt, then elbows up.

And HIT!

Finally he went out to the field again but this time he was happy to go.
Here he is playing second! My little guy is playing second! Sorry, I am so excited!!!
Because Tyson did so good he got to play at the park after practise.
I could not get a picture of him playing, he was everywhere after his big T-ball accomplishments.

Taylor tried her first slide.

We were just messing around at home and Jason took this picture.
Yeah for T-ball!!!

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. It's going to be alot of fun. I'm sure that these are the beginnings of something great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I was laughing SO HARD!!! Very cute pics...so glad he finally played so you would be HAPPY!!! Gotta love the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!!! I remember the feeling with Jason. Except his first big team sport was soccer! He was such a natural, and of course the best one out there!!! Go Tyson!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to next year when Eli plays...Steve will end his softball chapter and coach! It should be great!

    ReplyDelete