Saturday, April 11, 2009

the county fair

We took the kids to the fair on Thursday. It was pretty spontaneous. We were trying to go this weekend, but between Special Olympics, t-ball and Easter fun we were not able to go. So I called Jason at 1pm and we decided to go. The guys had staff on Thursday so they got to go have fun with them while we were gone. Good thing, we are still looking to buy a minivan but haven't yet and we can't all fit in either of our cars, so we were glad the guys were busy and we only had to take one car. The first act we watched was this dude and his wife. Tyson loved the tigers! Jason and Taylor watching the tigers.
Tyson and I paid a dollar each to see a monkey behind a chain link fence. It was pretty stupid and I'd like my two dollars back!

Before I get into this series of pictures. Let me tell you about my son Tyson. I affectionately call him "the devil" on several occasions. This being one of them.
We had been talking about riding the horses the whole way up to the fair. (An hour drive)
We get there he is excited, but starts being "the devil". He won't stand in line, he won't wear his cowboy hat, he won't let me take any pictures; he is being "the devil"!
They put him on the horse.

He is super excited!

And then NOTHING.
He won't smile he won't look at me. I am running all around the coral and shouting and waving.
NOTHING!

Before you feel sorry for him or think that he doesn't know what he's doing look at this picture. My child is the devil! I am raising the devil! That little smirk says it all.

After a good hour Tyson finally snapped out of "the devil" mode. He wore his hat the rest of the night and was so happy with his first ever frozen chocolate banana. He was so cute with the banana. It will make several cameos in the pictures to come.

This was the hugest cow I had ever seen. This was as close as Tyson would stand near it.

Jason, Taylor, and a mama cow with her baby.

Not to overly share but I constantly complain about nursing and after seeing this poor pig and her 10 babies, I can't complain!

Tyson and Jason rode the ferris wheel. Tyson loved it! Sorry the pictures aren't better.

They had tons of little kid rides. Tyson was posing and loving every minute of it.

Taylor was so good at the fair. She's such a good girl!

Fireman Tyson.


These are just around the house pictures. That Taylor got half way up the stairs yesterday! We are getting gates TODAY!


I don't know if you can tell but he's blowing spit bubbles for the picture. Classic!

6 comments:

  1. I wish I would have known about the fair! I totally would have gone yesterday-I am not doing a weekend trip! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyson is too fun! We have never been to the fair. Maybe next year I might be brave and take the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the fair, it was so much busier this year than usual because of spring break! It was crazy but I can't miss out on the food. It was fun to see you guys! Those baby pigs were so cute huh! I can't wait for Eden to notice that kind of stuff, maybe I can. I totally know the little kid behind Tyson on the horses, his mom in the green shirt taking a picture is a good friend. Kind of funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like you guys had a blast at the fair. im glad i found your blog. i love you guys. hope to see you soon.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun Trip. I hope you guys had a nice Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun time!!! Love you guys!!! Tyson, you are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete