Thursday, February 13, 2014

Tyson's Epic Blue & Gold cake

I honestly tried to do something simple for Tyson's blue & gold cake.  I had grand intentions of a simple tank that would require 2 cakes and minimal decorations.  I pinned a few cakes and when Tyson saw the Lego man he was in love.
 I baked the cakes while Tyson was at school (5 cakes) and when he got home it was frosting time.
 We were making a Lego cub scout, hence the blue shirt.
 Tyson stirring up the frosting.  We made 5 batches of frosting which used 20 cups of powdered sugar.
 Frosting the Lego man's face.

 Our guy had lego eyes and a lego smile.
 Dad got home just in time to help put the finishing touches on.
 The aerial view.  We couldn't fit it in the fridge unless we had it in thirds. The triangle on his chest is for each den and 515 is our pack number on his sleeve.
 Tyson was so happy!
 Mommy was exhausted!
Yeah for cub scouts!!

4 comments:

  1. that got to be the best cake I have ever seen

    Tyson and Mom you out did yourself this time

    cub scout ~ Do your Best'

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That thing is HUGE!!!! and AWESOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I despise baking so I am rather dreading our Blue & Gold banquet in March. I'm just hoping Eric is in town to take over cake duties.

    That cake is AWESOME!!! How tall is he? I would like to see a side by side with Tyson. Mother of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So what do you do with the cakes now? Is it a bidding auction thing and the money goes to the scout program. I thought we did that a few years back but then they nixed that idea and said we couldn't do fundraisers anymore...
    Super Cute!

    ReplyDelete