Sunday, February 23, 2014

Death Valley Day 2

We had an eventful night on our one night of camping.  The wind picked up sometime in the middle of the night and made the boys tent cave in.  Tyson had already been removed from the boys tent and was sleeping in the van.  Apparently at our gas station/brothel stop while searching for a shirt for Ryan, Jason & Tyson stumbled on a rated X area.  They had a blanket of Pam Anderson totally nude.  Jason thought he got Tyson out of there in time but I overheard Tyson telling his friends all about it.  We have had several talks about appropriate conversation.  That's what happens when you stop at a gas station/brothel!
Here are the kids cleaning up our camping game while the adults took down camp.
After cleaning up it was time for hiking.  Hayden came down with a croup cough in the night so we sat this one out.


After the hike we were off to the dunes.  When we pulled up I saw all these people with their shoes off and thought they were crazy.  By the time we left I was carrying quite a few shoes, including my own.  If I wasn't the Mom and had to clean up all the dirt everywhere this would have been fun :)

Our three beautiful girls.

We went to the lowest point in the northern hemisphere.  There is a sign in the middle of this mountain that says "Sea Level".  So crazy!
 It is covered with salt and the kids had to try it out.

Hayden actually got this huge chunk back to the car before I confiscated it.  She kept saying yummy while I was strapping her seat belt on.  Such a nut!
This picture is so funny because I was freaking out the whole time.  The kids are sitting on a ledge with a 10 foot drop behind them and then beyond that is about a 50 foot drop.  The mountain behind them is amazing with paths along all the tops of those ridges.  So pretty!
It was a quick and fun trip but I don't know if I'd ever go again.  I like to camp with trees and nature, there was a bunch of rock and dirt to see.  Death Valley, checked off the list :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, how fun! Never been, might have to go now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thought of the time and energy you must have put in preparing to camp, camping and cleaning up (sand and all) has me exhausted. I may have to leave my computer to take a nap.

    We have only been to Death Valley once. I think it was about 120 degrees and I didn't think we were going to make it out alive (hence living up to the name).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to Death Valley, but the sand dunes and the mountains look really cool. You're awesome to go camping! I'm so not a camper.

    ReplyDelete