Friday, February 14, 2014

Blue & Gold dinner

For the Blue & Gold dinner the theme was "Invention Convention".  Pretty random but the primary did the best they could with that.  They had a nacho bar and you had to invent your dinner with what topping you put on.  Here's my boy with two of his really good friends, Josh & Mitchel.
 I had to include all the cakes.
 I really loved this one.  Adorable!










 The kids did inventions after eating.  Here are mini volcanoes.
 This was making duck sounds out of a cup and string.  Then the kids went out and put mentos in coke.  They always love that one.
 Tyson's cake won the award for "Larger Than Life" cake.  It basically was 3 times the size of any cake there.
We had several negative comments and quite a few haters on our cake.  I was really surprised, when I grew up the Blue & Gold dinner was really special and people tried to make amazing cakes.  My "favorite" comment was, (use your snottiest voice while saying this) "Wow, who can compete with the DeMilles?"  Answer: No one :)

6 comments:

  1. Serious?! Someone said that? See, you should move to Henderson by me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DeMile's always do are best, so what if it better then everyone else

    Keep up the good work
    and keep smiling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Say what?! How Rude (said in a Stephanie Tanner voice: Sade is currently obsessed with Full House). Last year was our first Blue and Gold Banquet and I had no idea it was a big deal (and it is!). I didn't even want to make a cake but luckily a good friend of mine told me I had to and if I didn't Jackson would be the only one not to have one.

    I had to think about the theme of the night quite a few times before it registered in my brain what exactly it meant. Very cool banquet AND cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. People are lame!!! If they didn't step it up and try to make a cool cake that is their problem..not yours!
    Ours is next Thursday...I don't think we do cakes though. At least I haven't heard anything about making one. If we do I may steal the camp fire one! That was was super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe some people! I thought your cake was awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete