Sunday, February 2, 2014

Hayden's 4th Birthday Party

Hayden came down with croup on Thursday and we have been trying our best to get her better before her big party.  Saturday morning she woke up with a dry cough that would not go away.  Fun way to start your birthday day :(
 We had a baptism to go to so we set the party for the afternoon.  We did a Dora bonanza!  The kids got a backpack and had to color their map before we released them outside.
 Jason was the grumpy old troll who lived under the bridge (I made him this lovely shirt to wear, he is such a good sport!).  He had a riddle for each kid to solve before they could cross the bridge to get their prize.

 After crossing the bridge they had to go to the "rainbow cave" and pop a balloon to get their prize.
 We had wind issues so we were trying to cover some with a sheet to keep them in.
 After everyone popped at least one we let the big kids finish all the balloons.  They were so busy with this we let all the little kids do the pinata.

 After the rainbow cave the kids went fishing in the "pond", which was just a blue kid tunnel on it's side.
I love pinatas so I do them as much as possible with kids.  They are very scary, but so fun!


 Sawyer was our muscle man and busted the pinata right off of the holder.
 Candy time!!
 These are the homemade backpacks I made.  They were so fun.
We told all the kids at the beginning that we had made these goody bags for them and Swiper had come and taken all their things. Cece was adorable and so upset with Swiper.
 The grumpy old troll helped everyone cross the bridge.
I found this amazing cake at Smiths.  Loved it!
 Because of Hayden's coughing problem we thought it would be best if she didn't blow out the candle and share her cough.
 She blew out her special piece with Dora on it.
 Then it was on to present time!



 This girl made a major haul!  The valley is wiped clean of Dora toys I'm sure :)
I found this adorable shirt on clearance at Walmart and had to hide it from her until her party so she wouldn't try to wear it everyday. (I washed it today and she is right now wearing it again)
Ryan cannot be left out of any picture.
I was so sad Hayden was so sick and thought she didn't have the best time but she talked about it the rest of the night and has kissed every one of her gifts after I have opened them up for her.
I just love my Hay Hay!!
Thanks to everyone for coming and helping!  Sandy was the photographer, my Mom ran the rainbow cave, Kara helped with the prizes, and Adam was the go to guy for moving tables.  I always forget to tell each person thanks and then worry about it the rest of the night.  We have the best friends and family and it was so fun to have everyone here for Hayden :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that looks like so much fun!!!!!! She looks like she loved every minute of it, so sad she was sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome party. The fact that you made a grumpy old troll shirt pushed the party into epic range. Happy Birthday Hayden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea for a party!!! I love the backpacks!!! Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete