Sunday, June 30, 2013

The day I wished would never come...

The other day Tyson complained and complained about his teeth hurting.  He wouldn't eat and was getting crazy annoying.  Finally I look in his mouth and see a huge bubble behind his bottom teeth.  I thought his new teeth were abscessed so I made an appointment with out favorite: the dentist.
 
 I know I am overly crazy about teeth and I know I am doubly crazy because he is our first.  The dentist just laughed and said his teeth are just coming in and it looks fine and is really common.  He did ask us if we would like to go home and wiggle the front teeth for a few weeks or he would pull them right now.  We had to pay our deductible so I told Tyson I would pay him instead to go home and wiggle them for a few weeks but he begged to have them out.
 So out they came!!! 
I wasn't ready for my baby to take this huge step and only had my dang phone so the pictures are not the best.  He was so excited to finally lose a tooth.  Every single kid in his school class and in his church class had already lost a tooth and he complained regularly about this.
 I didn't lose my first tooth till 3rd grade so I knew his pain :)  My Mom bought me the book "Molly and the slow teeth" to help me feel better about my slow teeth.
 They gassed him first and then gave him a shot in his gums to numb him up.  He did great and didn't fuss or flinch.  The real reason was they have a TV on the ceiling and if the TV is on there is no distracting the kid. 
 I could never be a dentist, the drilling and fixing I could do, I just could not do the pulling.  It just seems so barbaric to pull someone's tooth out, even if they are totally numb.  Just freaky!!
 Here is my toothless baby.  It just breaks my teeth loving heart.  For a whole day I was so sad.  Tyson got $5 from the Tooth Fairy, she left a note and said he got a bit more than normal because he gave two teeth at once and was so brave at the dentist.
 The best part is that the new tooth has moved itself right into the hole now instead of behind the tooth. I was worried it would need chains and all that craziness to bring it forward.
I haven't shared any Tysonisms lately but since it's summer and I see him more he is really hitting me with some zingers, so here they are:

On the first day to Wet n Wild we pulled up to the park and Tyson shouts, "So are we in China now?" Due to the long car ride.

The other day Tyson walked in from outside and he said, "I saw two birds who are in love."  Jason and I asked, "Why do you say that?"  Tyson replies, "They were connected to each other."  Trying to play it off and avoid a birds and bees talk I said, "They were probably just fighting."  Tyson replies, "No they were in love, they weren't pecking each other."  I sent him to his room and told him to stay away from freaky birds.  Thanks a lot Animal Planet!!!

We have been dealing with a lot of whining and freak outs about cleaning and doing chores from Tyson.  He is the oldest and I expect a lot out of him.  Today after being asked to clean up he says, "Why do we have to keep the house clean?"  Exasperated, I told him that if we have a messy house there are people who can come to our house and take our kids away because it's too messy.  He says, "What's their number?"

Gotta love this kid!!!!

3 comments:

  1. HAHA!!! "What's their number?" So funny! I found a chore chart that looks good. You put it in a frame and then you can use a dry erase marker to check off your items and then just wipe it clean for the next week. I forward you the link

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my hilarious!

    3rd grade?!! No wonder you have teeth paranoia. In Kindergarten my teacher had these giant teeth plastered around the room and when you lost a tooth your name went on one. Alas, I never lost a tooth and felt like an outcast.

    I am relieved for Tyson!

    ReplyDelete