Thursday, September 3, 2009

this and that

Taylor will finally let me put things in her hair! It's been two days now and I am going to keep trying every morning after we comb her hair. The thing is, she will only leave them in her hair if they are like this. If I try a pony tail on the top she rips it out. If I try a barrette on the side, it never lasts more than a minute. So now I am trying to train her hair to go backwards instead of hanging all over her face.
Taylor has been carrying this little pumpkin all over like a purse, it's adorable. Girls are too much fun! She usually carries a doll or stuffed animal around too, giving them hugs and kisses. It is quite a change from Tyson who, when you hand him a toy he tries to figure out how to use it as a weapon or breaks it immediately. Taylor however, refuses to smile or even sit still for a picture. When the camera comes out she is gone.

Poor Mark, it's not bad enough that the kids are constantly in his room and messing up his things, the other day he was in the middle of putting his laundry away and Tyson went in there and fell asleep right in the middle of it. Mark has a staff that comes a few times a week and helps him clean and do his exercises, and every time she comes she says, "Mark what did you do to your room?" And he frantically tries to tell her it was the kids and she says, "Don't try to blame the kids for your mess." It's pretty funny. Poor guy!
Tyson slept like this for 2 1/2 hours and Mark was beside himself, he didn't know what to do. We kept telling him to do his normal routine, it's not like he ever is in his bed other than sleeping. He finished his laundry, watched a movie, and came out for dinner before Tyson finally woke up.
Last night Tyson was being typical Tyson and I told him I was going to have to start spanking him until he was a nice boy so I grabbed him and was play spanking him. He started counting the spanks and counted perfectly to 13 with no mistakes. I thought it must be a fluke so he was sticking his tongue out and shaking his butt at me so I grabbed him again and he counted to 13 again perfectly. This went on 2 more times. I guess he just needed the proper motivation to learn to count. That boy is a nut! Who says kids don't benefit from being spanked?

4 comments:

  1. Maybe she doesn't really like things in her hair because they hurt. To this day, if I put anything in my hair it has to be wet first or else I will get a headache. Just a thought. As for the motivational spanking....you go girl. You're kids are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadie WILL NOT wear anything in her hair. I put a barrette in her hair today, and she ripped it out in under 30 seconds.
    Your spanking tactic worked out quite nicely. I may have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for Spankings! Kids are so funny about they way they learn to things! Glad to hear everyone is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet little Taylor, she is such a girley girl! Yea for bows in her hair! Hope it lasts! Love Tyson and his sleeping adventures! Love you all!! Grandma DeMille

    ReplyDelete