Friday, September 4, 2009

Mean 3 year olds

I don't know if my fragile heart can take any more abuse from my mean 3 year old. Today for some reason he is out to make me cry. This morning after his bath he gives me a big hug and I ask him what's that for? He (I think) says something sweet, so I hug him real big and then I say maybe it's because you love me so much and you are thankful I do so many nice things for you. He laughs and then farts on me.
At lunch today I give him his lunch just how he likes it. A hot dog cut up with every sauce we have in the house. He is crazy about sauces. He says to me "I'm going to get the wishing rock (We saw the movie Shorts and it has a wishing rock in it) and then you will be gone forever and then go to the monster place and get eaten by all the monsters." This my friends is out of the clear blue sky. I took him to the park, we fed the ducks, (one of those stupid geese bit him on the finger, those birds are getting a little too aggressive, maybe no one has been feeding them since it's been so hot) he got to watch A Bug's Life (his new favorite). I just did not feel that I deserved such mean comments! How do you respond to this? I said, "Is that how you talk to your mother?" He called me a name and I said, "Well you have five minutes to eat and then you are in your room in time out until you can learn how to speak nicely to your mother."
I swear I never dreamed of being mean to my mother when I was 3 YEARS OLD! What the heck? I have 16 years before I send him on his mission. (which he has informed me he will not be going on) I think I'll start researching military schools now. Do you think they'll take him at 4 years old?

5 comments:

  1. My mom told Riley if he was mean to me then she would take me away from him- he cried. Then he hugged me. I think it is a boy thing- good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least he combined his mean words with a hug! I once heard that the people with the craziest toddlers have the most well-behaved teenagers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so hoping that Sarah's comment is true :-) I have had to tell Tyler that he can't talk to his mom that way either. I'm sure they'll grow out of it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are hilarious, Michael doesn't say rude things, he just looks at me and screams. I tell him he does not talk to his mom that way and put him in time out. I haven't decided how effective it really is, but I like to think he does it less

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's boys for ya....but I have to say that now that my boys are older if they need someone to talk to anout "things" they always come to me. So there is still hope. Hang in there. As for the farting - can't help you on that one. My guys still fart only it's on each other - and call it beef stew!

    ReplyDelete