Sunday, September 20, 2009

Our crazy trip

We lived through our crazy vacation and here is our travel log!! We left on Saturday and were very hopeful we would all make it back and not kill each other. I tell you now it was touch and go for a while :)I went to the dollar store and had a bunch of new toys for the car ride. Taylor is crazy about phones and loved this fake cell phone.
But this had to be my favorite time of the car ride.
We started our crazy trip at Sea World which was not happy news for Tyson he wanted to go to Disneyland so we dealt with fits all day long. Here we are at the Shamu show.
But by the end of the day he saw the benefits of Sea World and begged to see the Shamu show again, which was a much happier experience for everyone.
Another picture from Sea World. What a boy!
This really was the changing point at Sea World. He was afraid of everything but he went wild for these star fish (thanks Spongebob, or should I say Patrick?)
I love when they have little play pens for the kids to play in. Taylor did not like staying in the stroller and loved being free in this little play area. Should I be worried about those lips? The girl will never need collagen I guess.
Our second day was the San Diego Zoo, which was probably our roughest day. Tyson was really afraid of everything and Taylor was not happy for most of the day.
I thought the petting zoo would be awesome, but it was the catalyst that took us home for the day. Tyson would not pet anything and Taylor was running after all of the animals and scaring them to death.
Our favorite was the goats attacking Mark. They loved his wheelchair and kept trying to eat it. Mark was less than amused.
Our third day was Universal Studios. The group shots always turn out wonderful. I give up trying to get a good one.
Tyson was petrified on the universal tour. This is his nervous face and hands, we saw it a ton on this trip. Who knew we were raising such a wimp? We'll have to get him out more!
Neither of the kids were big fans of the characters.
Our next three days were at Disneyland. The first day was rough and then Grandpa came down from Napa and Tyson couldn't let him see he was such a wimp and really bucked up and did well the next two days.

Classic Disneyland picture. Where else can you wear ears on your hat and eat a sucker as big as your face?
I love that Tyson will dress up in anything and let me take a picture of him. He is such a sport!
At least I got a good picture of someone with a character. The guys loved the characters and got so excited when they saw them walking down the street.
I think this was my favorite part of California. It was really hot the whole time we were there and the kids loved playing in the water. Taylor is fearless and is rubbing off on Tyson. I love it.

Tyson and Grandpa with Goofy.

Even Mickey was trying to help us with Tyson. he just stands in front of the character and looks at the floor until the torture is over.
Here are the scared hands again. He wouldn't even give a high five. What a nut.
Gotta love these crazy kids!
I would give the trip a solid C rating. A lot of good, a lot of bad, a lot of drama and a lot of laughs. We did have the day of poop and piss (as we affectionately call it), it involved a lot of each. We learned Mark talks in his sleep all night long and A Small World will never be the same after he peed all over their handicapped boat. Jason spent more time in the bathrooms than in line on any ride, we can tell you where any bathroom is at any park we visited. We ate more peanut butter and jelly than we'd care to remember, while trying to save money and not buy food at the parks. Jason and I had a motto for the trip: This is not for us. Which means, we will not be going on any rides of our choosing, we will go on the rides that can accommodate a wheelchair and on which Tyson or Taylor will not freak out on. It also means we will not freak out about not getting everything in, we will see and do what the group can do. A solid C rating.
Tomorrow is our big ultrasound and we will hopefully find out what our baby is! We are super excited!!!!

6 comments:

  1. I gave the trap a "A'
    But I always love spending time with my grandkids, then to add Diseny Land.
    Make it a "A+"

    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you guys are crazy! I would never be able to do what you guys did. I think Taylor has nice lips for sure. I can't believe Mark peed on it's a small world. Haha. Thanks for blogging your experience. I can't wait to find out what you're having!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a small world has been closed the last 3 times I have been there! DANG!!! Did you make it to the Pirate ride? That was the most fun for torture for Riley! Him and Tyson can go to the same counseling for their Disneyland experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous of your trip although it doesn't sound so great for you guys!
    I can't wait to hear what you are having!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a trouper you are Kellie. I remember those days. It's the memories that you are making that are important though. Years from now, the kids will bring up this trip and say it was WONDERFUL - and you will be thinking WHAT?! I love Taylors lips and can't wait to hear what you are having.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a trip!! With all that water around It's A Small World, I am sure that peeing is commonplace. I can't wait to hear the news about your new little one.

    ReplyDelete