Thursday, July 11, 2013

Soak City

On Day 2 we went to Soak City. 
 The kids and Jason love this crazy ride called Banzai Falls.  They will go repeatedly on it.  They begged and begged for me to go on it too.
 I succumbed to the pressure and tried it out.  I didn't want to go on it, watching these poor people fly down getting water in their faces looked awful.  I went on it and it was horrible!  I somehow punched myself in the throat with the mat's hard arm handles and was coughing like crazy after.  Awful!
 Hayden was very content to play in the kid area all day.  Taylor kept saying it was quote, "lame".  She wants to go on rides but she is only tall enough for the Banzai Falls.  She was a peach all day alternately whining or pouting.
 Ryan was very whiny and miserable and then we looked in her mouth and found she has a new front tooth!  Teething is the worst!  Now my girl has 3 whole teeth :)
 Hayden passed out as usual and we decided to go home early because the place was packed!
 Instead of going back to the hotel for hours of fussing and fighting with each other we decided to go to Medieval Times.  It was a couple of blocks from our hotel and we figured that it would be cheaper than paying for diner and a movie.
 The kids had tons of questions and of course wanted us to buy a sword.  Didn't happen.
 We were in the yellow section so this was our knight and his squire.
 Here is the whole procession with the king at the head.  There were 6 knights to cheer for.  Some people got really into it. 
 Here is the poor blue knight that was the first one out of the competition. Also known as "dead". I wish they would have had stretchers to carry them out, it would have been more realistic.  They get "killed" and then while the other knight is celebrating their squire comes over and helps the dead one up and they walk out.
 Our poor yellow knight lost the jousting.
 And he also lost the swordplay and ended up "dead".
Tyson couldn't understand how there were no utensils.  It was a major stumbling block for him.  "If they don't have forks can't we use a spoon?"  Then the "serving wench" told him that his chicken was a mini dragon and we had to have a whole discussion on how dragons are not real.  "Well did they use to be real before forks were invented?"  "NO!"
On to day 3...

1 comment:

  1. This was a very entertaining read. Dead knights walking away-That is ridiculous!

    My favorite ride at Wet n Wild is Desert Racers so I would have been a big fan of the Banzai. I can't believe you don't like it! I also am jelly (the word I now always think of when I hear the word jealous)that Taylor is a fan of water slides. Sade would probably throw herself off the top before she would consent to go down.

    ReplyDelete