Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 3: Huntington Beach

Instead of another day at Knotts Berry Farm which we still are loving, we went to the beach.
 We bought season passes to Knotts but this is the last time we will be going during summer and I really love the beach and couldn't be so close without at least going once.
 We chose Huntington Beach because it was so close to Knotts.
 I bought this fun beach set and Tyson was in sand crab collecting heaven.
 Hayden is fearless and had to be restrained from being swept out to sea.  They had huge warnings about the rip tide and Jason was a nervous nelly the whole time about Hayden.
 Tyson loved this sand straining thing but shortly after this picture a huge sneaker wave came and knocked him, Taylor, and Hayden over.  In trying to get back up he let it go and it was immediately sucked out to sea.  It was pretty shocking how fast it all happened.  We were a bit more cautious after that.  The rip tide is no joke!

 Ryan was not a fan of the cold water and wanted to be held the whole time.
 She was funny with the sand, I think she was my first kid who didn't try to eat it :)
 Taylor was our brave girl and was in the water the whole time. 

 The only thing Taylor didn't like was the sand crabs near her feet after the wave unearthed them.  She would freak out!  She was also constantly trying to get the sand out of her suit.  Gotta love the beach!


 Here is a  sand crab we caught.  Tyson begged to take them home but we talked him out of it by explaining that sand crabs would die in the desert because of our dry conditions.  Thank you animal planet for helping him understand different animal habitats!

 We were having a blast just standing in the waves and trying to catch crabs when a huge wave came and knocked Hayden and Taylor under really bad.  Jason and I grabbed them and then Darrell took a huge fall and got soaked.  He of course threw a fit and we were done for the day. 
I love, love, love the beach but it is a lot of work!!  We had a really fun trip and can't wait to go to Knotts again for Knott Scary Farm.  Jason and I have talked about going there for the Halloween season for years.  Can't wait!!

3 comments:

  1. This trip just keeps getting better! The beach is somewhat of a pain but I dream of going there during the summer every year. Maybe one day my dream will become a reality!

    As I always say, I love that Hayden girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for be carful at the beach I love my grandkids and don't want to have them float at to sea

    ReplyDelete