Saturday, July 13, 2013

July 12x12

July 12x12
Friday was a pretty casual day around here.
Tyson and Taylor are on this kick of getting up early and watching TV.  They were up before 6am!  I think it was all the TV watching they missed while on vacation, they're trying to meet their quota :)
 I sent Jason off with Taylor to get an oil change so I could wrap her gifts.
 Jiffy Lube is right next to Sonic so Jason brought home lunch.  We are huge oreo sonic blast fans, everyone got one.
 While cleaning Ryan refound this ride on toy.  She only goes in reverse and then gets stuck, hilarious!
 One day our house will be exactly how I want it but until then poor Jason has his daily projects.  We recently replaced two doors in our house and Jason's job today was to get the trim up around one.  Don't feel too bad for Jason I also have daily projects.  Now that the door frame is up I have to caulk it and paint it :)
 After lunch Tyson and Taylor went to play at a friend's house and here is Hayden showing how bored she was without them. 
 For dinner I made a recipe out of the Shadow Creek Cook Book.  Honestly one of the best cookbooks I own.  Swiss Cheese Chicken, thank you very much Josie!  Every time I cook I tell the kids don't worry it's your favorite, and this time during dinner Tyson announces, "It is my favorite!"  How can you go wrong with chicken, cheese, and stuffing?
 I made dinner super early so I could send Jason off to work with a meal.  He has such a weird schedule now so while we love when he has 7 days off in a row, we pay for it with night shifts and long days.  He either works 6am to 6 pm or 6pm to 6am.  The problem is he also has a 45 minute commute each way so the days he works we do not see him much.
 Ryan is in crazy teething mode and is not eating very well so for diner she had 5 bites of applesauce, frozen vegetables and 3 bites of our dinner.
 If this girl is not napping she is on the stairs.  It is exhausting and stressful!  I am constantly torn between letting her learn to do the stairs by herself and also not wanting to be in the ER all night with a concussion.
 In trying to get ready for Taylor's party I went in her room and checked how she had cleaned.  She had stuffed so many toys and things into her closet and play area that no one could get in either place.  I knew it was going to be a long night so I found my old VHS copy of Thoroughly Modern Mille and dug into the mess.  Tyson is now worried that all Chinese people kidnap girls and hates how Muzzy talks.  I sometimes wish he could just watch something and not be so serious!
 Tyson is really into sleeping in the girls room lately.  Jason and I made the huge mistake of watching the new (and totally fake and set up) show on ABC called Whodunnit? while he was in the room.  He of course got traumatized by the first episode and is worried that there are murderers in the world.  I love that he is sensitive but it gets a little much sometimes.  In other traumatizing Tyson news I also had to sit him down and have a very serious talk.  We found out yesterday that our neighbor 3 doors down on our street is a pedophile and we had to talk about never letting anyone touch you inappropriately and telling your parents if you are ever in that situation.  Horrible!! 
I am so excited I remembered to do my 12x12 this month.  I love how they show a glimpse into a real day :)

2 comments:

  1. I audibly gasped when I read about the pedophile!

    Extremely early tv watching is happening around here too.

    My kids had Sonic for dinner, but luckily do not know about the Oreo blasts or I would have to buy them every time.

    I too love that Shadow Creek book but have not yet made Swiss Cheese Chicken. However one of my favorite meals is chicken stuffing casserole so I imagine I would love it!

    I can relate to poor Tyson. I vividly remember watching MASH and other such shows as a child and being convinced I had whatever disease was being portrayed. And then last night I was watching Dateline, alone, late at night (Eric was playing soccer) and was actually worried I was going to be murdered like the woman being portrayed. It's a sickness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cookbook too! Hopefully some of your kids "favorite"recipes come from me! My favorite shake is an OREO shake too!!!! Sucks that I am doing Paleo right now b/c that sounds awfully good right now! I say put pillows at the bottom of the stairs and let her learn her lesson...but don't call me from the hospital if it doesn't turn out well! :)

    ReplyDelete