Thursday, August 30, 2012

School fun

First day of school!!!
Tyson went and met his teacher last week and saw where his class would be.  It didn't help!  I went to the office to drop off sports equipment and they asked for my students name.  I say, "Tyson DeMille" and the receptionist says, "Oh yes, I remember him from Monday."  I almost started crying, and asked what happened.  She told me there was a mix up with some list and he wasn't on his teacher's list so when people were trying to help him to his class no one knew where  he was suppose to go.  They made him go to the front office and they looked him up on the master list and he was on that.  She kind of down played it like it wasn't a big deal but my thoughts are you don't remember one kid's name out of 700+ for nothing.  I guess we are starting this year off with a bang!

Did I mention that after the second day of school I also cleared Tyson's room out?  He now has only a bed, dresser, and laundry basket in there.  Day two and he was already needing an hour of yelling at him to get up and freaking out about doing his homework (10 minutes of reading a night).  This is going to be a fun year I can just tell!!!
*Side Note* Day three the boy got himself up and dressed by 7am.  (He REALLY wants those legos back!)

4 comments:

  1. Maybe I'll have to follow your lead and take everything out of Tyler's room. He's seriously making me insane! The asking him 1,000 times to get ready every morning really might send me to the looney bin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eli acts like we are asking him to climb Mt Everest when we tell him to read for 15 minutes! On the other hand I have to just about yell at Alexis to get her attention and her nose out of a book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the same battles at our house! And it's only the first week! Funny how they didn't have a problem getting up before 7am when it was summer vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes we have to take extreme measures! I told Jackson at least 5 times to brush his teeth this morning. He is prone to distraction. But I can give a list of 5 things for Sadie to accomplish and she is done in 2 minutes.

    ReplyDelete