Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Surprise!! Legoland

 Jason and I decided on Wednesday to go out of town on Thursday and to come back to town on Sunday night!  And we decided not to tell the kids where we were going, all they knew was it was near the beach.  They were super excited when we turned the corner and they saw Legoland!
I was super proud to not have spilled the beans, I cannot keep a secret for very long, especially one this fun!
I love how Taylor has no shame and will walk right up to other people and stare at them or listen to their conversations.  This boy was begging his father for something and Taylor was right in the middle of it.
We had to take a lot of shifts to ride the rides.  Legoland is very strict on their rides so even though Mark is an adult he had to ride with an able bodied person in case the ride broke down.  Guess what, if the ride broke down I would sit there until it was fixed, its not like I would throw him over my shoulder and walk off the ride.  Whatever... I guess everywhere needs rules but sometimes it seems a little much.
Tyson and Darrell
The only thing Tyson could tell me about this jungle ride was that there are monkeys with red behinds.  Nice.
Tyson was in love with all the bugs at Legoland.  Here he is with rollie pollies.
Story book cruise.
Tyson and snails. Such a nut!  He kept looking for a grandfather snail, courtesy the Lorax. 
We sat and watched this fun show after lunch.
Our crew was not very impressed with it.
Then they started the fire and the kids liked it a little bit more.
Then came LMFAO's song into the program and the kids now LOVE the show.  I think Tyson even said that was the best show he had ever seen.  Funny how a song can change everything.  *Side note*  Thanks to LMFAO my kids walk all over the house singing, "I'm sexy and I know it". Thank you LMFAO, thank you. (Insert sarcasm here)
Jason and the kids were no match for the other teams in this race and got beat pretty bad.
Tyson had to be bribed to go on this horse ride, he informed us he is too big for "baby" rides.
This is the first time Taylor could ride on the horses because of the strict 4 year old rule.

Tyson begged to go on this ride but because he was only 6 he could only go up and down slowly on it.  Darrell however went on the higher speed and was holding on for dear life.  You would never guess but Darrell loves roller coasters and right before he gets on he tells you, "Nervous a little bit".  It always cracks me up.
Our last ride of the night was the boat trip around mini lego land.
Super fun day and only a few mishaps.  Onto day #2...

2 comments:

  1. just wait until they actually listen to the words of that song and want to know what "passion in my pants" means. yeah, that was a fun conversation..... you are such a fun mom!!! good thing we have blogs to prove to the kids we did stuff when they were little! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Jason are the coolest parents ever! Legoland is enjoyable, the the rules they have often seemed EXTREME to me.

    I love learning about your kids personalities through your writing.

    ReplyDelete