Friday, October 2, 2009

what we've been up to

I know everyone loves this time of year when the weather cools down. Especially in Vegas where the summers are ridiculously hot. However I am not a fan of the changing weather. Give me 100+ temperatures any day! I love the shorts, sandals, and swimming. I really am not looking forward to the cooler weather and it has given me a case of the blahs. Hopefully we're on the downswing of the blahs and I am starting to make my peace with Fall.
Grandpa made the kids this great giraffe. It is a mister and the kids (and dog) have had endless hours of entertainment from it. (Thanks Grandpa!!)
(Our yard is decorated courtesy the lovely wind we've been having)
I am trying desperately to get Taylor used to putting things in her hair. This was our attempt at a ponytail. It lasted a little longer than the bows but not much longer.
It has officially begun!!!
T-ball season
Where is my son you ask? He's the one with his face in his mitt of course.

This is Tyson's coach, Coach Jamie. She's really nice but it is a big change from his coach last season. There are 12 boys on the team. There are 2 Tyson's, Tyler from church, a Trevon, and a Trey. Good luck coach Jamie!
Tyson put his hat on like that in the car and then wore it like that the whole time. He was pretty shy again and needed a lot of encouragement to run but he did well. The only problem is he didn't get to catch one ball and had a meltdown on the way home :(
Today I didn't hear Tyson for a while and then he came out from under the stairs all upset. He had been playing with this bear and decided...
...that the bear clothes would look good on him.
I told him I had to take a picture of him to show Daddy what he had done. He was pretty upset AND pretty stuck in that tiny sweater. It was hilarious trying to take it off of him. I wish I could understand the thought process of 3 year olds!
I had to throw in another sleeping picture. I wish I could tell you that we pose him this way but we don't. He is the world's craziest sleeper. I am going to call Guinness World Records to see how many more pictures of this crazy sleeper we need to get him his own record.

6 comments:

  1. I seriously can't believe you don't LOVE the fall! I can't even comprehend it. I wish all little kids would wear their hats like that. I find it irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tyson is a crack up! From the crazy sleeping to the teddy bear clothes. You must just laugh all day! I love that giraffe mister, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can you love the summer! I LOVE September to April here!
    Men wearing their baseball hats on backwards is HOT-I have Steve do it for me to get me in the mood! JK!!!! But I do find it SEXY!!!! Don't worry-kids don't do it for me so Tyson is safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I aboslutely love fall in vegas! It means we can play outsideas much as we want,and I get to decorate and make the house smell like pumpkin pie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like summer too- didn't you know you can't admit that to people who live in Vegas?! It's like telling someone you don't like ice cream- how is that possible?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cry me a river with your "cold" weather.

    ReplyDelete