Friday, October 16, 2009

Good times

Oh my goodness! I am on a score one for the little guy high. I have finally figured out how to beat Albertson's with their sales and coupons. Today I bought TONS of groceries and my final bill was $46.55. I mean it's just ridiculous how much you can save! On one receipt my total was $5.42 and I saved $50.37, what the heck!?! I got 14 boxes of cereal, 9 bags of chex mix (my favorite), fruit snacks, granola bars, brownies, cookies, yogurt, I mean the list goes on and on! I had the grocery smarts representative do a class at my house and it was fine, but one thing that bothers me is how she said it would all be so easy. I am telling you now it is NOT easy! I spend an entire day gearing up for a shopping trip. I have gone through two things of black ink in a month printing tons of coupons offline. Half the time the grocerysmarts lists are wrong and I don't find out til I'm in the store trying to get 15 boxes of Hamburger Helper that my coupons are no good. But when it really does work out, Good night nurse, it is awesome!!!
Here is one of our totally tricked out pantries. All you gardeners out there I need some serious help! Here are my tomatoes. They won't turn red so I leave them on the vine and then they split open. What's up?
I found these overalls for Taylor and they made me smile the entire day she wore them. She's such a nut. If you set a phone down low enough for her to reach it, it's gone. Here she is in Mark's room laughing her guts out. Why you ask?
She's laughing at Tyson the bat!!
I broke down and bought him one offline. He thought it was the greatest thing ever and is convinced he flies when he pumps his arms up and down.
You gotta love the little girl hair. Still no bows or ponytails. This fight ensues...
Tyson began t-ball practise like this so it was a fun practise.
I tried to fix his hat when he woke up and got out of the car but he insisted that he wear it like this. Am I raising a Gangsta G?
No post would be complete without a new sleeping picture.
I was thinking of taking all the crazy sleeping positions I already have pictures of and making Tyson a little book, but you never know where he'll pass out next.

7 comments:

  1. You definitely need to make a book! And could you please take me with you next time you go shopping and I will just buy exactly what you buy. They do lie to you during those Grocery Smarts classes. I spend hours making my lists. I love the bat costume!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute costume! I'm glad it worked out for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have fallen off the coupon wagon! It just got too stressful but now we run out of money and have to wait like 5 days for our next pay check before we can buy anything! I need to start doing that again because DANG! Send me the websites for the Albertson thing. I always thought albertsons was so expensive so I never thought of couponing there! Tyson is crazy! It's so funny how you have a funny picture of him sleeping in every post! We need to get together sometime soon! OH and I love the bat!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bat costume is AWESOME!!! love it! The coupon thing is too difficult for my little brain to handle! The reps also lie and tell you that LVRJ will not renew your subscription without you asking...LIE! They will!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had all that Chex mix, it is so good. I love the bat costume, it is so cute! Very original. My tomatoes split at the top, too, and I have no idea why. I do know if they get even a hint of red, I can take them off the vine and put them on the countertop and they'll turn red. It's cold here, I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have given up on couponing too! Every time I go to the grocery smarts website, I can never find a coupon for anything that's on my shopping list and I normally throw out a ton of food if I stock up so I have just decided to make my weekly menu, only buy what's on it, and go from there :-) Good for you though and your success at Albertsons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! you have become the shopping queen! I need some pointers! My visit is complete with pictures of the kids! They are getting so big!!! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete