Tuesday, October 13, 2009

T-ball is here again!

Be warned there is a lot of the color orange in this post. Proceed with caution!
Tyson had his first T-ball game on Saturday!!!
He was very shy again. Which I have decided is OK. One kid threw tantrums and walked off the field 10 times. Mine stayed in one position and kept his uniform brilliantly white.
He was looking back for help but all he got was a camera flash.
This was after his first hit which took forever. His favorite new thing to say is I don't know how to do this. He walked to the bases and kept putting his hands over his face.
He was on base when the last batter hit and wouldn't run so coach Jamie had to drag him home so the other boys could come in too.
For every hit he would drag his bat to the plate like hitting was a rare torture we were putting him through.
By the second inning he was running. (I was screaming like crazy of course!)
Here he is in the one position they put him in and the one position he never left. I don't know where he got his baseball pose but I think it's the best!
Afterwards we played on the toys and all traces of the shy kid were gone. Fearless Taylor struck again and would try to walk down the slides. She's a nut!
Jason and I had the following conversation on Tyson's shyness.
Jason: "I was shy as a kid but was never shy like this playing sports."
Me: "Take a good look at Tyson, this is what you turn into in social situations. This is what I get to deal with."
Jason: "Well, I was never shy playing sports."
I just love that he thought that Tyson's shyness was coming from somewhere other than him. Why is my kid shy? Because of my husband, end of story bud :)

1 comment:

  1. Your conversation with Jason is all wrong. First, Jason has no idea how he acted when he was 3 years old playing sports. Please. Second, you're trying to blame how Tyson is on Jason when we all know Tyson just IS, there's no explanation for him. Yep, you both struck out on that one. Tyson's adorable, though. There's no arguing that.

    ReplyDelete