Friday, November 15, 2013

Halloween

After Hayden's morning party we had to get her out of costume and send her to school.  It was so dumb.  No costumes were allowed at her other preschool and they weren't even allowed to call it a Halloween party, it was a fall celebration.  Whatever!  I am grateful for Somerset, they have their issues this year but they at least got the holiday right.
 
 The kids were allowed to wear costumes and then had a huge costume parade outside.  Taylor was so surprised to see me.  She was bummed I couldn't come to her class for their party.
 All the specials teachers dressed up as Wizard of Oz, so funny!
 Tyson was hard to spot in his Darth Mal costume.
 He couldn't wear his mask so we blacked his eyes out to make him look a little scary.
 Tyson's teacher is a Jehovah's Witness so I volunteered to do the holiday parties this year.  We did a writing activity and craft.  Then we did cookie math and decorated our cookies.  I also brought a ton of prizes and we played Halloween Bingo and a match game. 
 Here is our original trick or treating group.  We have a great neighborhood and the minute we walked out the door we met up with 5 different families from our ward. 
 This has got to be my favorite costume ever.  So cute and so easy!
 Zombie Owen eating Monster High Taylor's brains :)
 The DeMille's ready for action!
 Couldn't resist one more.  Isn't she a doll?!
 The boys ran off with Jason and Adam as chaperones and Sandy and I were left with the babies and the BFF'S.
 Hayden was all about the candy.
 Parker was a little leary of some houses.
 And was dragged up to this one :)



Such a fun night! I was so glad when it was over!

3 comments:

  1. how many parties were you in charge of, I lost count

    your a great mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun, I'm coming trick-or-treating in your neighborhood next year! I loved seeing the specials teachers all dressed up, they looked great. Love all the costumes too, Ryan is a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of monster high until halloween, that was a big hit with the girls here too!

    ReplyDelete