Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Hayden starts preschool

My little Hayden has started preschool!
 Hayden went through all this testing with an organization called Child Find.  We were referred to them by her pediatrician for her speech delay. 
 She passed or rather failed all of their tests and qualified for early childhood intervention.  She is now going to preschool Monday through Thursday for 2 1/2 hours a day.  (Well for the next 3 weeks anyway.  Super weird to start school with only 3 weeks to go.)
 She is so excited, she loves her new Minnie Mouse backpack and yells, "My school, my school" when we turn the corner to her school.  When I dropped her off the teacher asked what my concerns with Hayden are.  I said primarily we are worried about her speech and then as an after thought I said, "Oh yeah, we are worried about aggression too.  She does not share well and will hit."
 When I picked her up the first day the teacher met me and said, "She had a really good day, she only tried to hit me once."  Ahhh, I just could have died from embarrassment!  What am I raising that goes to school and on her first day attacks her teacher?!?  The teacher said she explained to Hayden that we don't act like that at school and Hayden said sorry.  I am glad I warned the teacher about the aggression.
It has been so funny to have Hayden in our home, she is just the polar opposite of Tyson and Taylor.  They would never dream of doing or saying anything that would get them into trouble at school or at someone's house.  Hayden is going to do what she wants and she will let everyone around know how she is feeling at any moment.  I love my crazy Hay-Hay!!

3 comments:

  1. Totally weird that she would start with 3 weeks of school left! But good too!

    She is a lovable kind of gal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are third children so tough and naughty!!! Oliver told me the other day he was going to kick me...I informed him I kick harder!

    ReplyDelete