Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Mother's Day was so fun this year!  The kid's were so fun with all of the homemade gifts.  Taylor painted this wonderful bird house at preschool.
Tyson's class had a Mother's Day Tea.  It was ADORABLE!!  They started off with a Mother's Day song.
 Then they read their 10 Rules for Being My Mom, here are Tyson's rules:
1.)You must do the dishes
2.) You must make dinner
3.) You must make our beds (which is so weird I have never made a bed ever, I think it's a waste of time)
4.) You must deal with the baby
5.) You must wake us up for school
6.) You must care for me (so cute!!!)
7.) You must love me
8.) You must feed the dog
9.) You must clean the bathroom
10.) You must clean the garage
 He then read his paper, "The Important Thing About My Mom"
"The important thing about my Mom is that she likes to read.  It is true that she is a Mom and she likes to sing and keeps me safe.  She likes to play sports.  She's sweet to me and she's sweet as a flower.  She has green eyes and she makes silly faces.  She plays plants vs. Zombies.  But the important thing about my Mom is that she likes to read." 
The scariest part was we didn't get to see these papers before the kids went to the front of the class and said them in front of everyone.  I appreciated that he said I was sporty and sweet but I guess I read a little too much :)
The kids also filled out a questionnaire about their Moms.  Tyson says I have "short" hair, "green" eyes, I am "5 feet" tall, I weigh "3:04 pounds" (what the heck?) and I am "45 years old" (SERIOUSLY!!)  I was doing good until the 3:04 pounds and 45 year old comments.  Ouch!!

I didn't take one picture on actual Mother's Day, I was too busy being pampered.  Jason made French toast and eggs for breakfast, pasta and chicken for lunch and steak and potatoes for dinner.  I got the new Fall Out Boy CD, Snickers (my fave),  yummy Target trail mix, and beautiful red roses.  Super fun day!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good Mothers Day! I love those questionnaires that the little kids do! They are always soooo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the papers Jackson brought home he mentioned I like to read 4 times! Apparently I am obsessive?

    His answers were adorable! My favorite was she has to deal with the baby.

    ReplyDelete